Sunday, November 17, 2013

Goodbye Charleston..

Goodbye Charlston and farewell (for now) dearest Lynnie, Mollie and Kathie and see you later Esther...

Going to Clearwater to meet the ladies from Designer Digitals was amazing, but our "Thelma, Louise, Mabel, Dotty and Delores" road trip has been the most amazing fun and memorable week EVER!  Getting to know these ladies like we have had a chance to has been something that will remain in my heart forever.  I can't even begin to think how I am going to even convey a tiny bit to Mike about these women, and all the little moments that will make me smile and laugh out loud when I think of them, when I least expect it.

I know I can see Esther any time, but I can only hope Hope HOPE I will have a chance to see and hug and spend time with these three beautiful women again.  Kathie, Mollie and Lynnie you always have a place to stay in Australia if you ever head out my way, only the first turn left past the black stump!!

Likewise our first days in San Diego with Debi.  That was just the most incredible time also, another life changing experience getting to know Debi up close.  

These women for so long have been quite one dimensional on a computer screen as part of the Designer Digitals community.  Sure we interact, we know about each other, we know families and stories through our scrapbook pages, but they've always been still photos on the computer screen, not moving, no voices.  To have them come to life in front of me, hear their voices, their laughs and giggles imprinted on my heart, it has been amazing ... or in the words of Lynnie ... it has been AWESOME!

Firstly the days spent with Debi.  When we came out of LAX and saw Debi for the first time I was shocked.   She didn't have short hair and a hat on, the photo I'm so used to seeing at DD.  All of a sudden she was in front of us hugging us.  Debi was everything I imagined and more!  She talks about as much as I do!!  I have memories of the sweetest woman ever, who I was thrilled to spend time with and will never forget our San Diego fun!  My fave photo of Debi...


Then onto our road trip after the DD meet up, how to explain these four incredible women.

Firstly Mollie, dear sweet Mollie.  She had us in hysterics waaaaay too often, I swear I nearly pee'd my pants more often than not.  Stories like the fact she has a calf and a couple of dogs buried on her property, then she comes out with the fact she has buried her favourite sewing machine alongside them too!  She comes out with so many humdingers, has a quick wit knowing that after she says something that we will be about to fall about laughing.  Mollie, I adore you.  The sweetest woman ever to have walked this earth.  My fave photo of Mollie...

Kathie, I was so excited to meet Kathie in Clearwater.  I remember walking into our room and Kathie coming out of the other room and I hugged her like I wouldn't let her go.  Long long ago pre-CT I thought of Kathie as a scrapbooking queen.  And here I am, not only on a CT with her but so happy to call her my friend.  I love that she snorts when she laughs, just like I do.  I love that she calls a spade a spade.  I love all the memories I have gathered from this special time with her, and to be honest, I will never see another cobblestone without thinking of Kathie laying on it, or a dance without Katie laying across it.  Always looking for the angle!  My fave pic of Kathie...

Lynnie, oh my goodness, an infectious husky laugh that disappears into a top C.  Always caring for us. She did the driving on this trip with the trusty help from Mildred the GPS.  I just have to look at Lynnie and feel enveloped in her love and care.  What a woman, I'm so glad her family has loaned her to us for this amazing journey.  My fave pic of Lynnie taken on Sullivan's Island.  I like this pic cause Lynnie is always so out together, and this photo shows the free spirit, hair wind ruffled, enjoying the moment...

And Esther, the mastermind who put this trip together.  I very well may not have made it without her.  She was the driving force behind our fun times on the trip and keeping us in order,  I love this pic I took in San Diego with the magician pulling a coin from behind her ear.  Thank you Esther, or Estaaah as the ladies have been calling you.  Thank you sooooooo much for the memories....

And with that the fourth leg of my journey commences.  I'm off to Houston today to visit my dear friend Lisa Beth.  We have know each other for ... About 15 years I think it has been, we've been through lots together, more than I can even think about.   

Goodbye Charleston, hello Houston.

No comments: