Sunday, September 14, 2008

Today I am 40 ... plus GST

te he. Yes that way I can get to be 40 again really can’t I? For those not from Aus and who don’t know, GST is Australia’s 10% Goods & Services Tax. So there you go, do your math!

I have been very spoilt. Yes some men bring flowers, some bring chocolates, but mine brings lots and lots of more RAM for my computer. The way to a girl’s heart. He even wrapped it up and told me I had to be very very careful. I took one look at it (you know what I mean, a bit of the doo dads of the innards of a computer) and said “what is it?” because it was just a computer part to me hahaha, but when he told me what it was I jumped for joy. He's already put it in and everything is running just that much faster. ~~sigh~~

There was quite a start to the morning though and I've flagged fast throughout the day. I woke at 5.30am, a combination of the Bo the cat walking on me and the torrential rain and wind that was bucketing the house (tin roof and all). So in my sleep induced haze took the cat to the backdoor as she wanted out and she took one look out there and thought better of it. Grrrrr. Back to bed with me.

10 minutes later meow meow meow, she decides that yes she does want out (see our cat is too hoity toity to use the kitty litter, she has a spot in the backyard she calls her own). So muddled my way to the back door and out she went. I decided at that moment she could stay out. Back to bed with me ... yawn.

At 6.30am Molly the dog decides that she might like to start her day and go out. She comes to the side of the bed, shakes her head so that her collar will jingly jangle. When that doesn't wake me (I'm pretending to still be asleep, if you ignore it, it will go away won't it?) so she decides to thump her head up and down on the bed next to me. Okay okay, up again, wander to the door, bump into some walls, and out she goes. Back to bed with me for what? the third time!

Another 10 minutes and Mike decides to snore like there was no tomorrow, like a thousand buzz sores had started up in the house, like we were being attacked by killer bees.

So I decided to get up at that stage and put the kettle on and do some knitting. Arrrrrggghhh.

Happy Birthday to me. What a start to the day.

We have been out for a lovely lunch though, and he surprised me with some friends coming around yesterday when a birthday cake was produced. See, the surprise being the birthday cake the day before the birthday. At least he remembered this year, but shhhh, we won't talk about that year, even though I remind him from about a week before my birthday each year now, hahahaha.

So I decided to do a very self-indulgent scrapbooking page, it will be fun to look back on to see how things change over the years. So go to it, this is me, at 40 plus GST.

Photobucket


Credits here.

8 comments:

Rose Red said...

awww, nice page! Happy Birthday!

SaschkaH said...

happy birthday gorgeous woman - you look stunning!

So proud of you and your digiscraps - it really inspires me everytime I lurk on over to your blog.

Amandac said...

Sounds like you had a great day Carol! Too bad about the early start though haha.

Bells said...

yay Carol! Happy, happy birthday. I reckon THAT forgotten birthday could be milked for years and years.

Hey, I like wearing black and brown together too!

Jodie said...

Happy Birthday !!! Glad that you had a wonderful day... and love the Layout.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh, Happy Birthday!!!
I missed it, darn! Life was busy yesterday! I just love your page, it's gorgeous, as are all the others-you are so good at this!
many, many happy returns! Tracey

Chocolate Cat said...

Happy Birthday for yesterday! Glad you had a good day although your early morning wake up sounds like our house sometime. Sure everyone else has selective hearing when it comes to our furry friends!! Loved the page about you and reading all about your likes and dislikes. Just quietly I love 'America's next top model' too!!!

Lynne said...

Happy birthday - sorry I'm a bit late.