Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back again, but not for long

I'm back again, for tonight, then back to Geelong tomorrow for the day. I know every single pot hole in that "so called" highway I do believe. Tomorrow is, well was, my mother-in-law's birthday. Being so close to her passing we wanted to spend it with my husband's family.

I gave Mike tonight a candle I got from that beautiful shop Dusk. It is absolutely gorgeous, cream coloured with almost sparkles on it, will burn a zillion hours, so hopefully will last our lifetime, and it's sitting on a lovely glass plate with like mother of the pearl shell tiles around it. That will be Pat's candle. Whenever he feels the need to light it. Her birthday, mother's day, Christmas, whenever. He got a wee bit emotional about it. He said we'll definitely be lighting it tomorrow.

Another page to show for the family album. A rare photograph with my nanna and poppa (dad's parents) in it. Nanna passed away when I was about 5 or so. I have no memory of her apart from photographs. Another reason this family album is such an important project of mine and has become almost an obsessive passion to complete.


Photobucket

Credits here.

I got home this afternoon and Molly came racing over to the car, saw me get out, very excited, then ran around to the passenger side to wait for mum to get out, alas no mum. Molly was very put out, it made me laugh. I think she's in love with my mum.

Although I'm so tired right now, I'm hanging out till 11.15pm to watch the repeat of Project Runway which I missed last night. It's the wedding dress edition, so should be good. I really am addicted to reality tv. Not all, but some. And of course the beauty of being on holidays from work means I can get a sleep in tomorrow morning! Either that or I'll snooze in the car as Mike is driving.

4 comments:

Victoria said...

Another layout that brings tears to my eyes! I love your family album pages! They are all amazing!

Molly is too funny!

Rose Red said...

The candle idea is a great one - what a really nice way to remember a loved one.
Hope the day is not too sad.

Chocolate Cat said...

What a special thing to do for Mike with the candle. I must remember that.
Love the layout, so glad you keep sharing this album with us.

Bells said...

Dusk is a lovely shop. That's a very special way to remember someone. I hope Mike's doing ok.

Love the photo!