Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Still scrapping

I've never found a craft that has fulfilled me as much as scrapbooking, being able to get down on paper the stories and preserve the photographs, it's really filling a creative outlet for me. Although I did take a trip over to the next town yesterday and just wandered amongst the beautiful materials, thinking hmmm step-daughter no.1 is turning 18 next May, maybe I'll make her a quilt although her favourite colours are hot pink and lime green at the moment so I fear there may be sunglasses necessary when sewing. Plus there's that sock that needs to be grafted and the pair started.

Ahhh so many projects, so little time.

Another page for the family history book, I do love these vintage pages especially, they are so fun to do. I used the Afternoon Cha kit again. The paper really made me think of the pretty patterns on the dresses we wore. All in our "Sunday best" visiting my great grandmother (my grandpa's mother). She has long since passed away now, she was born in 1900, no hiding her age, we always knew how old she was due to the year we were in. But being the first great grandchildren for her, I know we had a special place in her heart.


Photobucket

Credits here.

Now back to the dining room table with me, I'm knee-deep in Christmas stockings. Yes, you read right. A number of people have asked whether I would be making them again this year and I am, so stay tuned. I may need ear plugs though, Mike is working on his bagpipes at the moment in the house, it's LOUD !!

2 comments:

Bells said...

Beautiful!! As always. Yuo really do seem to have found your creative calling.

That would be one very loud quilt, I think! You're brave if you decide to do it.

SaschkaH said...

Oh yay - we still use the ones you gave us every year and think of you and Mike as we put them up.

Let your creativity shine, gorgeous - it's beautiful.