Saturday, May 31, 2008

The blushing bride

I promised a pic of the blushing bride from last weekend. When creashens brought out the Before kit, I just knew the texture on the paper would give the soft and old worldish feel I was wanting.

This picture of my dear old neighbour just epitomises the radiance that a new bride feels whether young in age or 72 like Betty is. I must admit I was very uneasy whilst Mike was the shutterbug while I was doing important things like holding Betty's flowers. I like to zoom in and get right into faces in my photographs, so as soon as I was able I grabbed the camera and happily clicked away. I caught her unawares here and this is how I always want to remember her.

I do love Betty so much. She is a tough ol' gal, speaks her mind, calls a spade a spade. She has a heart of gold and we have shared many a conversation over a cup of tea.


Photobucket


And here is the beautiful Before kit that creashens has designed. The texture on the papers are just gorgeous. I had also used the sprinkles from her Faded Summer Kit which I had recoloured to suit. Click on the pic below to take you to the shoppe.



I woke up this morning full of a head cold, sniffing and sneezing. My nose is red raw right now. And now one of Mike's friend's has just arrived with a stack of pictures of his recent Egypt trip and I adore looking at photographs. I'll just have to sit in the corner and look at them on my lonesome, I don't want to be sneezing over anyone. Ick.

3 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

Sorry you are not feeling well. Must be all that partying last weekend! There do seem to be lots of sniffles going around. 'tis the season to be sniffing!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Great photo, pity there sn't a pink tulle outfit for you to go with it...darn!!
I will go with to the next Billy joel, I adore him!!
I have been to a few of his concerts as well, which album was around 1987 and would have got me through Year 12? I know it was the only thing I could study too and the only thing I didn't want to listen to after exams! Tracey

Victoria said...

So sorry you have a miserable cold! I always look a site when I get a cold because I sit with my box of Puffs (very soft, yet strong tissues), vaseline for soothing my nose and a glass of cold water. I often have to stick the tissues in my nose because I hate blowing it one more time.

She does look like a super lady! Great photo!

I hope you are on the mend soon!