Saturday, May 10, 2008

Weekend again

Heck, the weekend rocks around quickly. Is it getting faster? Who knows.

I've spent a couple of days back home, mum had to go to hospital for some day surgery but they wouldn't let her home unless she had someone stay with her overnight. All okay, nothing to worry about, she's perfectly fine now. Was a wee bit scary when I went to pick her up and saw blood splattered all over the floor from under the cubical curtain and they told me to stay back. I did a mild freak out for sure. Then I heard her have a little laugh so I though okay, nothing is too bad. I found out she'd knocked the thingy in her hand out so the blood splurted everywhere. Yuck.

Mike ended up coming down too on Friday so later in the day yesterday we went out to see his mum too. I gave her The Book. I say it with hushed reverence, capitalised even, LOL. I am so proud of this Shutterfly Book I made for my mother-in-law. And afterwards, she hugged me so tight and said "you couldn't have gotten me a better present". Those are the words you really want to hear, right? She kept looking at it, and if anyone else DARE touch it, she would make sure they didn't get fingerprints on it. Too funny. I'm so happy I put a big smile on her face.

And we spent more time with my mum too in the afternoon, so quite the family day yesterday.


Before I go any further I have got to show you this absolutely gorgeous kit created by new designer creashens, available from twolittlepixels. How adorable is it?


.
And it was more than perfect to create this page for my dear workmate, L, of her son. Love the little birds and critter hanging around the frame listening to his story!
.

Photobucket

.

And before I go, here's some pics of The Book! Excuse the dodgy pics, they were done quickly before I wrapped it in really bad lighting.

.

.......



7 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

The book looks great! I'd love to see more. I love to have facing pages blend or contrast - exactly as you've done - but it's not always easy!
Esther

Victoria said...

I'm so glad your mum is doing okay. I would have a bit of a freak out, too! YIKES!

Your book is, thoroughly, infused with love in every pixel, so I'm happy she loved it too! YEAH!

The new kit from Creashen is one of my new favorites. I will keep a sneaky peek out for it to go on sale. The color and design are so cool. The page you created is delightful...and I love the magic of reading!
Happy Mother's Day to you and those great kids (they are growing up so fast!) You have such a great relationship with them. I had a hard time with my stepmom during the similar time frame, but when I was about 18 I got over it and so did she and we love each other through and through. You are a definite blessing to those kiddos!

Smiles and (((Hugs))) to you and your mum!

Calico said...

Ooooh, I love your new heading...that tape measure is wonderful!!!! I just had to say how wonderful your book looks! Very inspiring to say the least. There's nothing better than giving a gift that was made with love and having it be appreciated to the extent it should be!!!

Unknown said...

The book looks smashing. No wonder your MIL liked it.
To answer another post from you. I am a Ravelry member (name: Gwenaelle) but I seem to be having problems to add new friends to my list at the moment. Take care.

Susie Roberts said...

This book looks gorgeous, Carol. I'm sure your mum was thrilled with it.

Christine said...

Thanks for stopping by. I love my gift too. Take care.

Lisa Beth said...

You've changed the top of your page, haven't you? It's great!

How's your mum doing now? I hate those things they stick in your hand. Poor mum!

Love love love the book! Best Mother's Day gift ever, I'd say.