Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fly by Posting

Need ... to ... sleep ... now!!! It's late, must get to bed.

But I wanted to share with you Anna Benjamin's new kit, Serenity Now. So soft and very pretty. Click on the pic if you want to see more.

.

And when I saw that pretty lace in the kit I wanted to go simple and this is what I came up with. Now don't think I'm getting sad or maudlin. I was going through my photos last night and came across this one and thought yeah, it was our last Christmas with grandma. I don't think we have many photos of my brother and I with her together so this one is a keeper.

How tiny she is in that big chair. Always wearing something bright and colourful. Always with something Collingwood (her footy team) close by, usually her scarf or knee rug, but being summer, it was her Collingwood teddy bear. These are the memories you really cherish of your loved ones, don't you? The quirky stuff that makes them uniquely them.

.

Photobucket


Credits here.


Now I'll let you into a wee secret. Well just to tell you to check back tomorrow. Or better still check Sharon's Artistic Musings. There's a rather exciting announcement to be made and digi scrappers ... you're in for a treat!!!

.

As for knitting...

I've come to a bit of a standstill in my current socks. I'm down to the foot of the second, but I just can't settle enough to sit and knit at the moment. I'm probably feeling this way because I feel like I've chosen the wrong yarn for the pattern so the end product isn't exciting me like my others have. I'll get there.

Best thing I did was join Ravelry (thank you Bells!!) Oh my oh my. At least now I can SEE how some yarns react with different colours. I can lust after people's projects and find more of my own. And truly just get inspired with such beautiful knitting.

Is anyone reading this on Ravelry????? Let me know, I need more friends, LOL.

Nighty night.

4 comments:

Bells said...

Gorgeous. Simple and effective, and touching.

Go Ravelry!!

Just friend people whose work you like!

Lynne said...

ooo! looking forward to tomorrow's post!

As usual, I love your layout! Scrapbooking when I was teaching two years ago was all about shabby chic, over-embellished pages. I had to completely change my style to suit the customers! Couldn't keep it up so was sacked. Haven't scrapped since!

Anonymous said...

Hi Carol,
Your question about reading this on Ravelry prompted me to go to your page and see if I could. Did you realise you haven't got your rss feed set up there?

Also, if you're interested in getting a button for your blog saying 'find me on Ravelry as...', let me know, I'll point you in the right direction!

I love this layout too - pretty, nostalgic and elegant. Gorgeous!

catsmum said...

yeah what princesspea said !!