Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More weekend catchup

A wee bit more from the weekend.

Yes my father-in-law adored his picture. He couldn't stop looking at it and rang up yesterday and again kept talking about it. It's now proudly in place on the family photo wall at his home where the torn one used to be. I did have fun doing it and it was meticulously painstaking, but a labor of love right?

I'm quite happy to have a go at any others, so friends, send me pics if you like, LOL.

And no Tracey, I wasn't in a 'bridie' outfit, ha! I didn't even know she wanted me to walk down the aisle and stand alongside her until I got there. I thought I was only witnessing the signatures on the marriage certificate. So it was a great honour. There will be a scrapbook page forthcoming, mark my words!

I had another play with Rebecca's Art papers and love how the page turned out again. I wondered how I was going to use them when I first saw them when Sharon unveiled them to us. I did have a few moments of scratching my head. But have discovered they add such a vibrancy and intensity and excitement to a page, even when you only display part. I love them.

So like the layout says, anyone who knows me, knows I am obsessed with Billy Joel. I have since Piano Man. Heck, I even have an LP of him in "The Hassles". Yep, I'm pretty obsessed. And from concerts at the old Festival Hall in Melbourne to the MCG, the tennis centre and beyond, I've been at them, screaming and dancing and the whole nine yards. I wonder if we'll ever see him in Australia again? I hope so.

Photobucket

Credits
paper essentials - Rebecca's Art 1 by [ksharonkdesigns]
Messy Stamped Alpha No.2 by Katie Pertiet
Hundreds of dollars of concert tickets and programs by ME! (LOL)
Font - SS Whimsy and Carpenter
(photo taken by a fellow concert goer)

1 comment:

Victoria said...

How wonderful to be able to "repair" the tear in the photo! You are a woman of many talents!

The Billy Joel layout is too cool! A piano virtuoso, indeed!