Thursday, May 22, 2008

Photo restoration

My FIL turns 70 soon and we are going to a big family BBQ on Sunday which I'm immensely looking forward to. I really love my FIL and whilst Mike and his sister have decided on a group present from us all, I wanted to give him something personal and special and well, something I've worked on from me. After him seeing the mother's day book I gave my MIL he was rubbing his hands together wondering what I'd come up with for his next present anyway! ha

So my mind went to thinking and on the wall of the passageway at their home they have a big family photo gallery. He has an absolutely gorgeous picture of his mother which he adores, but alas it has a big folded tear right through the middle and another bad fold at the corner.

So a quick scan later and a bit of magical photoshop tweaking (completely self-taught mind you) and this was the result I came up with. I had it printed out today at the local camera store and I think I almost jumped the counter and kissed the man when I saw it in the printed form.

What do you think? Not bad huh? You think he'll like? Must admit I'm pretty darn chuffed at my efforts.

Photobucket

Isn't she gorgeous? She reminds me so much of Bea and Evie in "The House of Eliott" which my friend Tanya totally got me hooked on.

Time for bed. Nighty night.

6 comments:

Victoria said...

That is nigh unto perfection, Carol! You out did yourself in a majorly way! Fabulous restoration and I can see why this is so treasured! WOW!

Bells said...

Oh I love old photos and you've done a lovely job Carol.

Also, you've been tagged!

Amandac said...

WOW! That is fabulous photo restoration Carol!!! Oh he is going to love that, what a wonderful present! Have a great time at the BBQ on Sunday and take lots of photos!!

Bron said...

Beautiful job!!
And a very thoughtful gift - I'm sure he'll be delighted =)

deborah a/k/a SimplyVixen said...

oh wow, nice job Carol!!!
just knew he'd luv it, and am sure it's a gift he will hold close to his heart forever!

you're so thoughtful!
am lucky to have you as a friend!
hugs!

Lynne said...

Well done, Carol. Fantastic job!