Thursday, November 29, 2007

Surprise in the mail !

It's very exciting to get something other than bills in the mail, don't you think? Even more exciting when it's a package. Particularly when I had forgotten it was coming. Because I had knitted my very first socks for Southern Summer of Socks knitalong, the newbies got a prize to keep the enthusiam levels high.

A great drawstring bag, perfect sock size, perfect even more so that I can now leave my socks out with no more fear that the cat will take a liking to purple Rowan half knitted socks!! LOL And fabulous stitch markers from Shazmina Bendi Designs. Thank you all. Considering to date when I had needed stitch markers I just made a knotted circle from another colour wool and used that, these markers will come in very handy and most appreciated.

You will have to only imagine them tonight as the batteries from the camera are charging right now. Pictures forthcoming.

One of the CT members got me talking about motor bikes, in particular my brother and his beloved bike, so thought I'd scrap a page, which can go in the album I am now making for my mum for next year. (So many albums on the go!!!!!) Here tis for your viewing pleasure. Trev, hope you like it. (It was nearly called TREV HEAD! hahahahahahahaha)




Credits
Paper from Not So Blue by [ksharonkdesigns]
Negative Strip – Tones of Autumn kit by Vintage Charm
Ribbon – ‘For Sharon’ minikit by Vintage Charm
Arrows – Grubby Boys paper pack by Vintage Charm
Fonts – AnthologY and Arriere Garde

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yay, purple Rowan! Okay, I'm a dork, I get a thrill each time I see a Rowan reference. If I knew how to knit, I'd make my little Rowan a Rowan sweater. Maybe I can convince my mother...

Lovely page! :-)

Bells said...

so glad you love the gifts Carol!! Stitch markers are amongst my favourite things. So pretty! And useful.