Friday, November 2, 2007

Ahhhh, weekend at last

I shouldn't really say "at last" I guess, because this week has gone super fast. Only 2 more weeks and I have a small break from work, counting down the days!

I must share my latest offering using a fabulous new kit out in pickleberrypop tonight called "All Natural". I have to say that Sharon has done it again. This is a super kit full of colours that will just compliment so many, if not all, of everything she has done to date. I just love it, the papers are so rich and textured.

I must tell you the story of this layout. My darling father-in-law drove 2 hours to get to our place one weekend and took our sorry outdoor chair apart, took all the bits and pieces back home, lovingly sanded it all back, re-stained it, repainted the wrought iron, drove 2 hours back to our place the next weekend and reassembled it which was a mammoth effort as he hadn't numbered which plank went in which position. Finally it was all back together again. A labour of love for us truly, we appreciated it so much.

But this is the view that greets us most sunny mornings, afternoons, early evenings, any time really. It's Molly's favourite spot to park herself and just watch the world go by. Looks mighty uncomfortable doesn't it? But she loves it.


But shhhhhh, it's our secret right? My father-in-law has absolutely no idea!! Please don't tell, LOL.

And this is Sharon's All Natural kit I used to create the page.
I also popped in a crown by Fantacy, the Scrappin' Hillbilly Sweetpea to crown the Princess Molly!!



Tomorrow we are heading up to Dunkeld to the Dunkeld Mosaic Festival. It should be fun if the weather holds, it's meant to be rain. I can't complain though, the farmers need it. It will be a nice drive there anyway and lets hope some fun pictures to show when we return.

Nighty night all.

2 comments:

Bells said...

How beautiful she looks! I've gotta admit it doesn't look THAT comfortable. She needs a pillow!

Victoria said...

A labor of love and then "man's" best friend enjoying the fruits...how apropos! Princess Molly looks divinely relaxed...I'm a bit jealous :)

What a wonderful and talented guy! The layout is so fun!