Sunday, December 2, 2007

Think there's a storm brewing

Molly has gone all wide-eyed. Who needs a barometer, LOL. She knows if there's a storm coming easily half hour before it hits. She hates storms, starts the trembles, the eyes get all wide, and she sticks to me like glue. Bo the cat on the other hand goes out and plays in the rain. Go figure.

Not much energy this weekend, I'm still getting over the cabaret we went to on Friday night for South-West Health, a fundraiser for a vital piece of equipment. Isn't right is it? A vital piece of equipment and yet it's not supplied to the hospital and they have to buy it themselves. Seems to be the way of the world. We had such fun, dressing up, going out dancing all night long, terrific band, great company. All the tables had a full sized silver Christmas tree (minus the bottom branches) on them, so that has really got me into the festive spirit now that December has rocked around. Summer has hit with a force, it's been so hot this weekend. Well hot for us!

I have a pic here finally of the terrific sock bag and one of the stitch markers I was fortunate to received through Southern Summer of Socks knitalong. Thank you again girls. You can just see my purple Rowan socks peeking out from the bag. You'll have to wait until they're finished to see them properly, I'm so proud of them. But already I have my next wool at the ready and am browsing around for a not too hard pattern, but a pattern nonetheless.




On the digi scrapping front, I've done a layout for the first page of our family book that I am going to give to mum next year, where it all began. Don't you just love her glasses?!?!?!? Sharon has some terrific ribbons at twolittlepixels right now so go have a look. They really are lush and so so pretty. I've linked supplies from twolittlepixels in the credits below so you can go find them if you want them too. :-)



Credits
Paper from Paper Essentials – Ruby/Coconut by [ksharonkdesigns]
Ribbon (recoloured) from Small Packages – Ribbons 1 by [ksharonkdesigns]
Grungy tags by Vintage Charm
Frame from Small Packages – Frames 5 by [ksharonkdesigns]
Confettified Overlay by Leora Sanford
Font – Jane Austen
.

.
Now, off to cook this corned beef. You either love it or hate it. We love it. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

No comments: