Sunday, November 25, 2007

Shortcut to Sunday roast

Mike has been off camping since Thursday evening and back this arvo some time ... he found a little nugget, woo hoo! I keep telling him to find a piece of gold the size of his head so I can retire but he just hasn't walked over it yet! LOL

So I'm being a bit lazy for our roast dinner tonight, we don't have one EVERY Sunday, just every couple of Sundays I'll do a roast. I bought a pre-cooked turkey breast. Is that just sheer blasphemy for my American friends? After all the time and effort they've just spent in creating amazing turkey dinners for Thanksgiving? Oh well. This is easy, just open, carve, warm up, add roast vegies, cover with gravy and done! LOL

Now my mum. She's a funny thing. She comes out with a stack of wierd and wonderful and whacky sayings and I'm finding I come out with them too!! So I thought as a work in progress, as obviously I will need to keep adding to this, I'd document some of her all time favourites. And I'm not going to show her this, no chance of her seeing on here as she wouldn't even know how to turn on a computer, but I might make a family book up for her for next year, so this can be a surprise.

But not from you!! Here tis.



One might ask why you would love a duck, and who is the giddy aunt she's talking about? Who knows.

Credits

Plain Grunge paper pack by Vintage Charm
Tea Stained Alpha by Vintage Charm
Journalling paper from Date Me Stamps by Vintage Charm
Ink Spots from Love Notes (former freebie) by Vintage Charm
Tie from Grubby Boys paper pack by Vintage Charm
Staple from Small Packages Stationery Plus 2 by [ksharonkdesigns]
Stitching by [ksharonkdesigns]
Photowraps No.1 by Katie Pertiet
Punch Alpha by Leah Riordan
Font – Antique type


[[ Vintage Charm products available at twolittlepixels ]]

3 comments:

Amandac said...

Megan's stuff looks great on your LO Carol! Your mum's saying are perfect pearlers!

Victoria said...

The sayings page is delightful! I love sayings and quirky things! That roast sounds divine!

Bells said...

your mum sounds like 'a card' as my mum would say. I have never really known what sort of card! ha ha