Tuesday, October 30, 2007

55 days to go !!!

Can you even get your head around that? Woah. That's insane. I know we say it every year, but where has the year gone? I still have 2 major birthdays to go before the end of the year too, dads and Mike's. It's hard with birthdays at the end of the year, because you use all your good ideas for Christmas but then have to think of another present as well.

I'm loving trawling through the galleries and seeing the odd Christmas layout popping up here and there, so it's not just me getting ready for the silly season. I'm going to have such fun scrapping over this time too, I wasn't doing digi scrapping last Christmas, so I can't wait to see what goodies pop up in the store.

Speaking about stores, Sharon has a fabulous package of frames for sale at pickleberrypop. A wee bit of grunge which is my particular favourite style, she's also done a clean version too. Click here to check them out if you will - grungy and clean. I think you'll agree she's done every type of size you'd imagine you would need.

Here's a layout I did with the grungy ones. I must tell you the story behind this as well. In our little town there's a group which Mike is part of who do the "Christmas Lolly Run". It's well advertised for Christmas Eve and the lads get about town on the back of a ute filled with hay bales with Christmas music blazing. All the kids (big kids too, LOL) run out to their front yards when they hear the music coming up the street and the lads throw lollies into the yards for the kids. It's all such fun and to be honest I don't know who has more fun, the kids or Mike and the lads.

Every year Mike wants a different costume. He thinks what he wants, and I deliver. The reindeer costume last year was a hoot. I just got the material, laid down his jeans and t-shirt as a template and cut around it leaving quite a bit of leeway, added the white fur chest and made a head piece with ears as such. I do have quite a funny pic of him, which I may just share one of these days of the reindeer as roadkill on the front of the ute! (boys will be boys huh?)

So without further ado, here's the costumes from the last three years. Pssst, I'm trying to talk him into being a Christmas angel this year, but I don't think I'm going to have much luck, hahahahaha.


Credits

Frames from Small Packages Frames 4 by [ksharonkdesigns]
Date tags from Faraway by [ksharonkdesigns]
Paper (red dotted) from Seasonal Sampler by Shabby Princess
Paper (white) from Mono Pack Essential II by Gina Cabrera
Zig Zag stitched frames from Anna Aspnes
Bow (recoloured) from Crumples Spice by Tracy Ann
Splotch from Tracy Ann Something Special (Something Fab)
Alpha from Harvest Spice by Shabby Princess Designs
Font – Another typewriter

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Those costumes are hilarious! I love the elf with the striped sock look! I am looking forward to the reindeer roadkill photo!

Your are amazing, gal!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Too cool!! And I loved the punk sheep as well-great pub there isn't it....oh, and the rugged hubby! Tracey