Sunday, July 1, 2007

A lovely Saturday

We decided to go for a drive yesterday. With the rising costs of petrol that doesn't seem to be the done thing much any more, just go for a drive, stop where you will. Most times a trip in the car is for a purpose nowdays. But yesterday we whiled away a couple of hours just driving.

We ended up in a little town called Penshurst where we had a lovely lunch at an antique store. My goodness the minestrone soup was so thick you could almost stand your spoon in it. I'm trying to recreate it for dinner tonight, but I fear it won't be half as good. I love a little place like this that you even eat off antique plates (well antique looking) and eat from antique cutlery. I was on the hunt for some pictures, thought I'd be lucky enough to pick up some loose pictures or maybe an old photo album, but no such luck. Always looking for my "Things" layouts.

Mike had never been to the top of Mount Rouse so we took some pictures across to the Grampians, but we were there at the wrong time of day to take good pics with the light glare, not to worry. It was cold and very very windy at the top. In fact it was cold and windy down the bottom too, ha.

There was a picturesque little rotunda in the park so I set myself busy to take some pictures until I heard a noise behind me and looked around. Hmmmm, monkey man decides to break the stillness of the moment! Trust Mike, that's all I'm going to say. Never a dull moment.

Photoframes - ksharonk Lilsweetie kit

4 comments:

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Oh, isn't my local coffee and antique shop gorgeous, you do realise another 10 kms and you would have been at my house. Great pics on the mount, bet that was cold! tracey

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

ps angel candles were at the Early Learning Centre shop at Highpoint, Tracey

Bells said...

what a lovely outing Carol. I love those days.

You know, I have a theory. Mike now thinks he has to 'perform' for the blog readers, hence the funny photos.

Amandac said...

Great photos Carol! It certainly looks c c c cold ... and your Mike is a funny guy :)
Pinkie hugz
A