Sunday, July 29, 2007

I wear my badge with pride!!!

This is all very exciting, I even get to have my very own blinkie to wear on my blog. ((big smile)) There it is proudly displayed in my margin.


My brother is actually 40 tomorrow but yesterday we had a family get-together, just a really nice lunch, for him. Dad can't go out any more, it's way too hard, so we all go to him. It was nice. But very bitter sweet when Mike and I were leaving. I'd said goodbye and as I was heading out I hear his small voice saying "Tell Carol". Mum asked "Tell Carol what?" He said again "Tell Carol". I was standing right beside mum and could see his frustration not being able to get his words out and for whatever reason his words weren't working properly direct to me. And then he said ... "Tell Carol I love her".

Okay, so I'm getting teary even writing this here. But whatever happens from here on in with him, I will always always always remember that moment.


Right. Onto other things. My poor unfortunate imaginary family has been at it again and Jenny's secret is out. She will never be able to show her face in town again! LOL






Credits

Papers – Not So Blue Kit by [ksharonkdesigns] available at pickleberrypop
Journal Stamp – Day Trip Freebie by [ksharonkdesigns] from her blog Artistic Musings
Background red frame – Scraplift Challenge freebie by [ksharonkdesigns]
Stacked vintage photo frames by Katie Pertiet
Curled Paper Edges No.2 by Anna Aspnes
Natali stitches
Photo – Square America
Fonts – Antique Type and Bernard Condensed

7 comments:

ksharonk said...

So glad to have you join the team, Carol ... :)

Bells said...

Commando! Love it!

that's so touching about your dad. I'm all weepy. Seriously. Just lovely and sad.

Amandac said...

oh carol i have tears in my eyes - what a beautiful-sad moment to remember, big hugz sweetie.

Your commando style LO is just funny as! You have a such great sense of humour!

Jodie said...

Love the blog... :)

Lynn said...

Love that LO! So funny! What a lovely moment to remember about your dad.

Victoria said...

That is such a tender moment, how wonderful to have that memory!

"An ill Wind", Indeed! I always think about the chaffing...not that I do that! I'm a cotton lovin' girl all the way (that maybe too much info!).

Gabi Butcher said...

Well no need to say, but I will repeat... I just love your imaginary album!!!

Really touching this moment with your dad!

Congrats again on been guest in ksharonk CT.

Bookmarked your blog.

Gabi