Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Waaaaaaaaah

Ever want to rewind? Even just for 5 minutes. To have that 5 minutes all over again.

Decided to get some chippies to go with our BBQ chook for dinner tonight and backed out our driveway. Now let me explain, we have a very straight driveway but I seem to have enormous trouble backing straight down it. Is that a female thing? I wonder.

So back I go until crunch. I had backed the driver's rear of the car into the front fence. Waaaaaah. Then as I instinctively went forward I heard the sickening sound of the bumper being torn off the back. My poor car, only a year old!!

So out to investigate, one bumper popped off at the side, a lot of white paint from the fence on the bumper and scratchings through the duco. Ouch. Mike was able to somehow, goodness knows how, pop the bumper back on again. Who knew cars just popped together like that? Thank goodness no dints or cracks, thank heavens for those plastic bumpers that cars tend to be made out of nowdays. Mike was able to use cut and polish to get the white paint off. And now I just have some scratches to deal with where the silver paint has come off and it's gone down to the black underneath. Okay so lets hope I can get matching touch up paint.

I think Mike is a hero tonight, after feeling quite ill earlier, I'm now feeling a wee bit better about it. Still annoyed like heck. So for now on in my rule will be a 3 point turn and forwarding out our driveway.

On to much more lovely news, my gorgeous 72 year old neighbour from across the road has gotten officially engaged today. She's actually been secretly engaged for a few months but it's official now, ring and all. We're going out for dinner and her newly beloved on Friday night. I'm so thrilled for her. It really shows that life never stops doesn't it? Makes me smile big.

Now for the digi scrappers amongst us, I must urge you to run, don't walk, over to Anna of Paper Moons blog to download the amazing free papers she has put together entitled "House Rules". Now I know that the whole world (or the majority of it anyway) has gone Potter mad but I don't think you need to be overall Harry obsessed to put these papers to good use. They are beautiful and vibrant.


So I will now return to my non-Harry world, of which I have absolutely no interest in and be off to bed and dream of bumper bars. Ouch!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Too bad you couldn't just say "reparo" and be done with that! Or "Accio chook". Yep, I'm reading the last book. So sorry to hear about your run in with that fence..., but what a handy guy you have! I hope you have sweet dreams and nothing goes "bump" in the night!

Bells said...

your neighbour got engaged!?! Woo hoo! I remember when they first started dating....oh how beautiful! Will you be a bridesmaid I wonder Carol? :-)

Bum bum bum about the car - all because of chips!

Tanya said...

It's a car - as long as you were alright, that's all that matters. Victoria - Carol might just be wanting some bumping in the night! lol And I can't believe the engagement! I remember the little advisory chat she sought from you :)