Friday, July 6, 2007

Raindrops keep falling on my head!

Australia, Country Victoria, middle of drought, who ever thought I'd be saying that. It's a quagmire out there, just trying to yank open the front gates this morning in the rain and I got soaked. I can't complain I know, but it's so cold.

I have no idea how husband and stepson are able to cope on their camping trip as it's been raining on and off and extremely cold at night, but they're having some serious boy time at the moment, with a group of other like minded fossickers. Plus the fact it's not REAL camping anyway this time, is it? If they're staying in a cabin, LOL. He says it's pretty rustic, there are a number of cabins and they're all just merely a room containing 2 bunk beds, plus there's a common room which they are keeping fairly warm. And they are having a ball.

I'm so not looking forward to my date with the washing machine on Sunday night!

So I wanted to do another Things layout tonight. You know some of these small country towns it's survival of the fittest when it comes to finding a man (some towns it's the opposite way round). I wonder if Di got her man?




Credits
Papers – Poppy Kit by Tracy Collins, Retrodiva and Good Ole’ Days Kit by Carla Gibson Designs
Ribbon and Swirl – Simply Chic kit by Designs by Krista
Vintage frame by Katie Pertiet
Postcard – Katie Pertiet – Postcard Journallers.
Hair clip - Good Ole’ Days Kit by Carla Gibson Designs
Stamp (altered) – Tested by Lemonaid Lucy
Splatter overlay by Kirsty Wiseman
Fonts – Antique Type and Festus



Now I'm planning for the rest of the evening to plonk myself down in the loungeroom, munch on some Lindt balls that a dear friend sent me in the mail with a surprise present, oooooh I love surprise presents) and knit for the rest of the evening whilst listening to the remainder of my talking book.

Oh I totally get into these books whilst driving to and from work, it whiles away the driving time. But I don't plan on doing any long distance driving this weekend and I'm up to disc 9 of a 10 disc novel, and I'm wanting to know who dunnit! So tonight will reveal all.

4 comments:

Michael Taylor said...

I got a wifi connection and boy howdy I'm glad I checked your site! I love the new layout! Rock, paper, scissors! Too, hilarious!

this is Victoria, by the way.

LVMommy22 said...

tell victoria she has a nice beard, lol!

carol, you have such a flair for these Things LOs! i love the juxtapositioning of the crisp, white dresses in the photo with the bright red ribbon and aged looking papers in the LO! fantastic! tfs!
:) M

Bells said...

oh that one is so good. The whole GSOH thing is such a perfect touch. Love it.

I'm so jealous of your days lone. :-)

Amandac said...

Love the newest "things" LO carol, what a hoot! just curious as to what audio book you are listening to at the moment?