Friday, April 6, 2007

Family day and the finished product

Firstly, because I am so chuffed at how they turned out, here's the finished product of my iffy cookies from last night. They went over a treat with everyone. There was also another bigger container for hubby's kids (and I would dare say the whole lot would be finished by now!! ha)

Really really pleased at how they all panned out. Nothing like the recipe pic, but all the same, everyone seemed to like their easter goody gifts.





So it was family day for me today, back home to visit with mum and dad, plus my brother came over too. It was nice. Catching up. Although I found it very hard today.

My dad has a disease called Progressive Supranuclear Palsy. It's a horrid horrid disease robbing this once vital, important, happy go lucky, loving man into someone trapped in his own body. He had a lot of trouble eating today and I ended up feeding him, like a child. It was hard. Oh at the time I was totally cool with it, acted as if it was the most normal thing in the world, made him still feel like he was in charge. But afterwards, on the way home, I almost fell into a heap, just thinking about it. I know it's going to get worse, heck this was just him eating a meal, but it was hard today. I was the parent and my dad was the child. Hard.

Tomorrow we're heading over to the Muster. Should be lots of fun, an annual event our town puts on, except I've never been before. Whip cracking, quarter horse racing, sheep shearing, and the mechanical bull, just to name a few things. Hubby has told me he is going to try the mechanical bull ... OH LORD !!! Camera will be at the ready, let me assure you.

Nighty night all.

2 comments:

Polka Dot Bride said...

Your easter boxes look great!



You and your family are in my thoughts. If you need an ear....

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I think they look just great...just like the magazine!
Sorry about Dad, I'm in the 'Bool Monday for the dentist...do you get lunchtime to meet and do damage at 'the cottage that smells so sweet'? -or are you scared I'm awful!!!???Tracey