Sunday, April 26, 2009

F-F-F-Freezing

Oh boy, when the cold snap arrived it hit with a vengeance. It's been so incredibly cold today. And windy. And torrential rain at times.

I've stayed indoors just about all day apart from quick sprints to the shed to see if Mike wanted a cuppa. The menagerie have stayed inside by the fire most of the day too. Must be cold for Lucky not to want to run around like the crazy boy he is.

I got Miss T's quilt back on Friday having been quilted and now I'm setting to sewing the border on. This will be painstaking for me. I have machined the border on and now I'm up to the hand sewing part. Eeeek. So lucky I'm getting it done now rather than a rush at the end of next month. I'm blown away at how fabulously fresh and young and vibrant this quilt is. I love it. Pictures will be forthcoming once the border is on.

Decisions decision for dinner tonight until we decided it would be pizza night (Mike is going for it !!! No way am I leaving the fireplace.) Pizza and Biggest Loser on telly, now there's a match made in heaven! ha. Who will be in the final 4. I hope Tiffany gets through I like the way she's played the game.

So I'm back to playing catch up with my project 365 pages, but catch up I will. Lynne, there's a wee bit of knitting on this one. Am I redeemed?


Photobucket

Credits here.

Back to the warm loungeroom and toasty fireplace I go. Hope it's warmer wherever you are in the world.

7 comments:

Calico said...

Another wonderful Layout, Carol! I can't wait to see that quilt and hand sewing the binding is my least favorite part, too. At least it's cold and you can enjoy having a quilt on your lap :)

Chocolate Cat said...

Even Jimmy spent most of the day inside sleeping yesterday!!! Must admit pizza and the Biggest loser sounds good, we had roast with it!! The final tonight and Masterchef starting , looking forward to watching that!!

ksharonk said...

I'm a Tiff fan too ... loving this series ... btw, there's a little something for you on my blog! ;)

Margaret said...

Ther's nothing like the sound of the pipes, The marchers would have really appreciated marching with a tune. Looking forward to seeing the new quilt.

Lynne said...

I see them; I see them. Are they textured - it's hard to tell?

Amandac said...

Brrr it's even getting a bit chilly here in Brisbane Carol! Can you believe the elimination episode went soooo late! omg I told the kids they could sit up and watch it not realising it was going until 10.30!! I carried Tasha to bed and she mumbled "I'm glad Bob won Mum" and then she was snoring in my arms LOL!

Polly said...

Nope its chilly here too - I am not ready for Winter yet.