Sunday, April 5, 2009

2nd grade drop out !

LOL. Poor Lucky, he didn't pass Grade 2. But if I want to look at this as if the cup is half full, none of the dogs passed Grade 2. It was a hard grade to pass and all dogs needed work. OMG, today Lucky was trying my patience. It was misty raining a lot of the class, the grass was freshly mowed and damp and obviously smelt delicious to the dogs who wanted to play and roll and sniff. Everyone was having problems with their dogs today.

Mike was proudly on the sidelines, cracking up at me (yep, thanks Mike!!) in fits of laughter. Oh he was laughing WITH me, not AT me, that's right! But honestly I reckon if anyone went down there with a video camera they would make a zillion dollars on Funniest Home Videos, cause it really is quite hysterical watching the dogs that just don't want to play the game go through their own paces.

So here's a small selection of today's events. Enjoy! (remember, laugh WITH me okay?)


A good start, lining up with his other classmates. Note how he is the littlest dog in the class. But unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) he honestly thinks he's as big as his mate the Malamute standing next to him. Watching the two of them play is quite funny, Lucky isn't deterred at all by his size.



Photobucket



Okay Lucky, when I say sit, it doesn't mean play. SIT !! Ooops, are those treats you can smell in my pocket.

Photobucket



Drop! I said drop! You're meant to be laying on the ground. Don't trip me up right when the teacher walking in front looking at us. Arrrrgh.


Photobucket



Awww, I can't be mad, you've certainly come a long way since you came to be our forever dog and we're proud of you.

Photobucket

And after a morning of heel, sit, drop, stand, left turn, right turn, playing, scratching, rolling, butt sniffing, it all got a bit too much on the way home in the car.

Photobucket

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh! the joy of teaching a dog obedience.

Lynne said...

I'm not really a dog person but that last photo is soooooooooooo cute!

Polly said...

awwww I think Lucky has done really well - a gold star for lucky and his effort!

Jodie said...

Awwwww... poor lucky

I've given you a blog award :) You can read about it here:
http://jodiedavidson.blogspot.com/2009/04/well-this-was-surprise.html