Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday again? How did that happen?

My goodness the week has flown by. I can't believe how quickly it's gone and without a posting from me.

What a great finish to The Biggest Loser. Goooooo Bob !!! Didn't they look amazing? Can you even imagine what a different life they'll all lead now. And with Bob losing over half of his body weight, that's incredible. Could their smiles get any bigger?

So alas my reality TV viewing was over. What to do? Oh I know, get hooked on Master Chef Australia. Oh I am loving it. Right on dinner time too. Much to Mike's dismay, he's A Current Affair man while I'm a Reality TV gal. Anyone watching it? Loving it here already.

Have a huge weekend planned as long as the weather plays ball. It's been horrendously cold here (well cold for us anyway). Minus zero (that's celsius people) in the morning, you know it's cold when even Molly hesitates to squat to pee on the icy grass! ROFL And the rain! Well we shouldn't complain should we? But the other day it rained so darn hard and ferociously, our laundry was awash. We obviously thought it had come on sweeping in through the cat flap. Only yesterday when I was doing some more washing did I realize it was the washing machine that was leaking. Something has gone awry at the back at the taps hooking them into the machine. Eeeek. Hopefully Mike can work his magic tomorrow. I need to wash!!!

I had these beautiful orange and black papers to play with from the fabulous cherpea designs. Hmmm, who is orange and black? None other than the Bo Girl herself. Absolutely love how this turned out. Oh and if you're looking for some stunning papers, go check cherpea designs, they're really top notch and very fun and vibrant to play with.

Photobucket

Credits here.

Now for a bit of social commentary at the state of the world. No not the world at large, I'm talking about my own little world. I was at the butchers yesterday buying some meat. Everything I bought came to $19.20. I gave the lass a $20 note. She actually had to go to the calculator and work out the change. I kid you not. I stood there horrified. Even more so when she went to the till to get me my change and had to go back to the calculator to double check the .80cents. I walked out in a daze. Am I expecting too much or are the kids today (God! I sound old!!) really that reliant on calculators than to do a simple sum in their heads. I was quite surprised. Oh and please I don't mean to lump "all kids" in that general statement. I'm just wondering about what they are learning at school nowdays. Or am I just being completely over the top old fashioned?

To bed early, I have a big day tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend.

5 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

Now come on Carol. How do you expect them to work out change without an electronic device?! They even need an electronic device to talk to each other for goodness sakes!! lol!!
It is hard to bite your tongue, isn't it?!
Loving all your pages with the new kits. You're amazing!

Chocolate Cat said...

I hate using calculators even when I should!!!! Too old school I'm afraid. I'm always on at my kids about mental arithmatic and how useful it is!!!! Loved Biggest loser but LOVING Masterchef!! Hubby and son both fancy themselves as 'chefs' (thats what my son wants to do) and I love my food so it is nightly viewing for the whole family.

Lynne said...

DD worked for five years in a store that sold CDs etc. Not only was there no calculator, they had to give change the old fashioned way - count it back to the customer. So, in your case, "$19.20, 40, 60, 80, $20. Thank you."

Can't see your little lass doing that, can you?

Margaret said...

Have you noticed at the Aldi Stores they have to work out the change ? Cold it has been, and I suppose it will get colder as long as it brings rain I am not worried.

Amandac said...

Oh I am in love with Master Chef too Carol - I just love the food critic fellow! And I was just thrilled that Bob won BL, he soooo deserved it! I hope you have a great day and I also hope you get some great iNSD shopping done!

oh and *shakes head* kids today! What is the world coming to! ROFL