Friday, October 10, 2008

This just will not do

The whole work week has passed and I have not done a blog post. What is the world coming to? When work has gotten in the way of my posting. Heck. It's been a big week and we have step son no. 1 here at the moment. The "boys" are in the loungeroom watching the Bourne something or other, not sure what one they're watching. I'm busy still scanning photos, need to sneak them back to mum's tomorrow so she doesn't know I've had them. ROFL. She's going to be so surprised at this album when it's finally done.

We are heading to the other side of Melbourne tomorrow, it's going to be a long trip but we want to see where SS no. 1 is living now, he wants to show us his work, the things he sees and does every day, just to share a part of his new "melbourne" life with us. So there and back in a day, it's going to be a looooooooooong day.

So I think this better be a double banger posting tonight, so I'll share two pages. The first is one for the family album, naturally! My mum's next door neighbour and best friend forever from when she was a young girl is still in her life today. Pam is just the ants pants and the bees knees all rolled into one. She's a "second mum" to me, always has been, always will be, and we loved spending lots of weekends with them. Her three boys were younger than me, but they would tease me mercilessly whenever I visited, I loved them all. Tragic circumstances took the middle son a couple of years ago, parents are not meant to outlive their children are they?

So although this page is not astounding in itself, it's a happy memory of one of those wonderful days we spent with our second family.


Photobucket

Credits here.

And the second page tonight is just one of the "just because" pages. Sharon has a lovely quick page album available in the store right now. So so easy, dress them up, leave them au naturel, they really show off your photos. Turn them round, upside down, back to front, for completely different looks.

A page of my two beautiful step-daughters.

Photobucket

Credits here.


Click on the pic below to take you to the shoppe.





4 comments:

Amandac said...

Ah I just caught up on your blog posts and I have caught up on all your news. I'm so glad you spent the day with your mum on her birthday - not pushy at all - I think it was a lovely thought. You pages are all gorgeous even the one you thought was average LOL I think it is fabulous! Oh I wish you could take a photo of Trevor when he see that page of himself in the wet weather! What a hoot!

Margaret said...

The otheeeer side of Melbourne, don't we get carried away when we have to go to Melbourne. I hope SS1 is settled in and enjoying his new life. Gorgeous Girls, wow those eyes. Mum had a good day so you are a special person as well, can'tleave hubby out so hope he is enjoying the sun today. Cheers Margaret

Bells said...

Oh Carol. Gorgeous. Both of them. Lovely, happy times.


I love that you have to sneak the photos back to your mum!

Lisa Beth said...

You are a sneaky girl! Love the "tire tracks" under the pics of the motorcycles, very clever.

The girls are beautiful. I still have a wedding pic of the whole family, and it startles me to see them both with such dark hair now.