Saturday, October 18, 2008

Round up for the week

Eeeek! Nearly another week has gone by. What is happening to my mid-week posts, they seem to have gone by the wayside.

So a round up for the week. Tuesday's train trip to Melbourne wasn't as bad as first thought when the workshop wound up about lunchtime. I was able to change my train ticket for the 1.20pm train. I did toss up there for a while - 1.20 train or 6.30pm train???? hmmmm what to do. Even 6 hours of shopping, lugging my coat and books was a bit too much so I changed the ticket. I still had a quick hour to wander through DFO. For non-Aussies, DFO is Direct Factory Outlets. There's one right at the train station in Melbourne. It is all the big brand shops at discounted prices. So I picked up a couple of gifts for upcoming birthdays so all was good.

And alas there was no knitting for the train, but I did read a book about knitting so all was not lost. "The Friday Night Knitting Club" by Kate Jacobs. Now I don't seem to have the patience to just sit and read lately, not full on novels. I do love my talking books in the car however. But I was in a bookshop recently and saw this book and it appealed (because of the knitting aspect). I'm enjoying it immensely.

"The Friday Night Knitting Club gathers every week to knit and chat over their
stories of love, life, and everything in between. When the unthinkable happens,
they realize theyve created not just a knitting club, but a sisterhood."

Bells, if you're reading this, I'll be sending it on to you when finished. You'll like it. Maybe it could be a knitting "pay it forward" type book. Bells could read it then pass it on to another knitting friend, and another and another. That would be quite cool I think.

So today was the annual V.E.T. visit (shhh ... we still don't say that word out loud in this house). We have the best vet. Yes there is one round the corner from where we live, but we'd prefer to drive 40 minutes to the one in the next town. They're so personal and I guess not just used to dealing with cows and sheep. Molly turns into she-devil though when the thermometer comes out. And let's face it, I think you would too if you were getting a thermometer up your hind quarters!! But she was a really good girl today, very proud.

Now onto digi scrapping. Creashens has done it again with an absolutely amazingly beautiful kit called "bye bye, birdie" which I've used to create yet another page for the family album. Another favourite photograph of mine, of my grandparents. Photographs do have a way of transporting you back to another time and place. I really miss my grandparents.

Photobucket



Click on the kit to take you to the shoppe. You will not be disappointed. It's jam packed with papers and elements all with a beautiful feel that Shen does so well.

3 comments:

Bells said...

Hey Carol guess what? That book is already doing the rounds just as you describe! I got it from someone about a year ago and it's been going around just like that ever since!

But thanks for thikning of me! It's a nice book, huh?

Amandac said...

Oh wow Carol that page is glorious! What a gorgeous photo of your grandparents! I see what you mean about Shen's kit - it's DIVINE! I must have it! i hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

Lisa Beth said...

Oooo, a new book to read, yay! Thanks for the tip. So glad your day wasn't so terribly long!

Your grandparents page is just lovely. You have such great photos to work with! Perfect page materials for that shot.