Friday, October 5, 2007

Sick of being sick

I'm so over myself it's not funny. After a visit to the doctor's on Monday it was found that I had acute bronchitis. Hmmm, at least I have a cute something! And it's been so painful. I'm tired from not sleeping through the night without waking up with coughing fits, my throat hurts, my head hurts, the antibiotics are making me sleepy and well quite frankly I've had enough. I only made it to work one day this week, and well today was a day off anyway because I was to be making a joyful trek to Canberra for a fabulous girls weekend, and even that has had to be cancelled from my part. I'm heartbroken.

As for other things, I'm taking part in a knit-a-long at Southern Summer of Socks. It's been set up by Bells and Rose Red and there's a whole bevy of knitters of varying degrees of expertise knitting socks, socks and more socks. They've asked for our goals - my goal is simple. To knit one pair, ONE MEASLY PAIR of socks on dpns. I have never been able to master dpns, I end up in a horrible mess. I've tried and failed, I've tried and given up, I've tried and thrown the darn thing across the room in disgust. I aim this summer to try and master them. One pair, it's all I'm aiming for. Wish me luck.

Of course being the procrastinator that I am and the fact I've been housebound and we do not have a knitting shop in town, means I haven't even started. But next week my challenge will start. Can you even imagine by the end of summer if I am the only person in the knit-a-long who has nothing to show for their efforts. Oh the shame and humiliation.

On the bright side though, I do get to put a cool button on my blog!

4 comments:

Suzi said...

Hey Carol!
I have faith in ya! You will either master the dpns or you will work out another method..like magic loop or 2 circulars!...we will get there in the end!!!even if it is only one pair!!!
Cheers
Suzi

Victoria said...

Luckily, for us Carol devotees your humor is intact! I'm so sorry your sick and have to cancel your plans!

I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that you can overcome the dpns nemesis. By the end of Summer I hope you will not only have the button on your blog, but a triumphant photo of your new creation!

Bells said...

I'm over you being sick too! I just want you to be better, not that it means you'll be able to spend the weekend with us. Bugger, bugger, bugger.

You are so gonna knit socks. I just know it.

Amandac said...

Poor Carol {{{hugs}}} I REALLY hope you feel better soon.