Sunday, October 28, 2007

Excitement Plus !

I've noticed a trend, my titles seem to always have exclamation marks! Do I live my life like that? Possibly I do. te he.

Yesterday, what an exciting day and comedy of errors all rolled into one.

I got an email from the TAD Girls to tell me a layout I had posted in one of the galleries had been picked as "Layout of the Week". Woah! That has NEVER EVER happened to me before. I was hopping around doing the happy dance like a mad woman. Ran out to Mike who was in the process of ripping down part of the side fence and was re-building it. Making no sense at all telling him to "come come come, look look look". Just as he hit his thumb with the hammer, I got the rolled eyes expression and "not now dear".

Here's the layout - Sunrise in the Country. Check out Tracy Ann's TAD Girls blog - entry on October 26th. The picture was taken last Easter Sunday morning at the dawn service by moi!





Credits
Simple Sets #25 by [ksharonkdesigns]
Staples from Small packages Stationery Plus 1 by [ksharonkdesigns]
Papers/elements from Tracy Ann Something Special (Something Sparkly and Something Fab)



So after all that excitement I was going out to a girlfriend's place that afternoon. Mike had moved the rubbish bins, hadn't he, because of working on the fence, and was taking a break. I backed straight into the rubbish bin that had his wood planer doo-dad sitting on top of it. It fell down onto paving and broke the handle.
.
Woops. Car was okay! Have I mentioned I'm quite accident prone?
.
So on my way to my friend's place and there was a 4x4 and trailer in front of me on the road with two cows in it. One cow decided to do a wee. My God! It comes out like a tap! Bouncing off the road and straight onto my car! I had been wee'd on my a cow. Well my beloved car had, anyway. Can surely say that is a first.
.
So quite the eventful day yesterday.
.
Got up early today, had brecky and knitted whilst watching another episode of The House of Elliott, thank you again Tanya! Whilst doing so I looked at the sad basket of ironing sitting in the corner, the carpets that need a vaccuum, the oven needs a clean. So all that to look forward to this afternoon. Urrrgh.
.
Later.

5 comments:

Jodie said...

Congratulations again on the layout, its stunning!

And oh dear the story of the cow wee did make me giggle ;)

Bells said...

Congrats Carol! It is a well deserved nod! And hopefully it makes up for all the little mishaps yesterday.

Cow wee is not something I have much experience in....and I have to say I'm glad!

Victoria said...

Congratulations on the layout win! The photo is gorgeous! Your poor sweetie being caught up in the reverie! It can be a heady thing.

My car is a target for bird, but I can't think of any cow pastures to close. So, I'm safe. We do have a man less than a mile a way with a pasture of goats, but they are rather docile and stay in the fence.

BTW, the singing program went great. The kids remembered their words and I was able to be in perfect sync with the pianist. I was so relieved. No one complained about being blocked by my rear end,either! :)

Amandac said...

Congrats on the LO of the week Carol! I love that LO - I think I saw it at Pickleberrypop and loved it! The sky is the limit now!

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Love layout, I loved that photo when you took it, well done.
And weeed(?)on by a cow, is that good luck like being pooed on by a bird?? If it is, you should be right for car accidents for a good while now!!
Also, I'm nearly finished my Christmas as well, I just write the gifts in a book, not quite a spreadsheet, i wouldn't want to add up what I spend on the kids!!! Tracey