Saturday, October 13, 2007

Look who I met tonight!!

Denise Drysdale came to town and put on a show for us. What a wonderful night, probably about 120 women who just wanted to have a great night out, and entertain us she did. As did the boys from the local football club who dressed up in little black and white mini dresses with their bluntstone boots!! and wigs that I'm sure most were on back to front. They were our "waitresses" for the evening serving up a lovely 3 course meal. Who says we don't live the high life in the country!!
For those international readers who may not know who Denise Drysdale is, or Ding Dong as she's affectionately know, she's an entertainer who has been on Australian TV for many many years. Funny as all get out, perfectly suited for a one-woman show.

And I even won one of the raffle prizes, woo hoo! A big prize pack from a bakery in a nearby town. Very nice!

Now for a bit of news that I know will make Bells proud, as I texted her whilst doing so! I have had my first bout of ... wait for it ... PUBLIC KNITTING! I had to take two 3 hour train trips on Thursday and pulled out my knitting. Well it's a long boring trip otherwise, right? And no one batted an eyelid.

Now before you think I was knitting socks ... don't be daft!!! I'm not going to add the stress of dpns whilst on a train bumping along the tracks, that's too much to ask for. Just knitting a scarf, which I always tend to have one on the go for times of just needing something to do with my hands and not wanting to concentrate.

Off to Geelong tomorrow. A bit of wool shopping, shoe shopping and family visiting combined.

3 comments:

Pearls Mother said...

Sounds like a great night with Ding Dong.
Hope the shopping was fun in Geelong, did you make your pilgrimage to Skilled Stadium to buy the t-shirt ans celebrate the win?
Lindy (who live in Geelong!}

Amandac said...

What a great photo of you Carol! I loved Denise when she was on Hey, Hey (yikes showing my age LOL) I bet it was a great evening :)
Hugs
A

Victoria said...

Public Knitting...first it was being P.C. Now there is P.K. When will the madness end? Too funny.

Congratulations on winning the raffle to the bakery!