Saturday, October 27, 2007

Time Flies!

It sure does, doesn't it. Nearly a week has gone by since I last posted ... oooh that means we're almost a week closer to Christmas, te he. While people in the US are gearing up for Halloween and Thanksgiving, for me it's full steam ahead for Christmas.

My mum, bless her cotton socks, has completely finished her Christmas shopping. Yes, please groan if you will. She's like this every year. I am about half finished. Must be a thing with our family huh? This whole "be prepared" attitude. I love Christmas shopping, I love thinking about the recipients of my gifts and working out the perfect and exact thing for them, I colour co-ordinate my wrapping so it looks perfect under the tree and make my own tags. This year will be no exception.

I start my Christmas shopping at the Boxing Day sales (the only pain with this, is I've got to find somewhere to store/hide the pressies for the year and not forget where I've put them, LOL). Now this is where I really get high tech. I have a spreadsheet with everyone on it, what I've bought them, how much it cost (so I can keep an eye on how much I spend overall, have that mini heart attack at the end, right, eeek). I even have a tick box for the presents as I've wrapped and tagged them, so I know how far along I am. Plus I've saved these spreadsheets for say the last 5 years so I can look back to see what I gave that person in other years so I don't double up. It's a sickness right? There's a self-help group I should be enrolled in? LOL.

So Sharon has gone and fed my obsession for Christmas this week with her Simple Set #24 and Joy Freebie (visit Sharon's blog to go grab the Joy Freebie - be quick though, it's only for a limited time). Because I took one look and thought PERFECT for a Christmas layout!

And this is what I did with a combo of both!




Credits

By [ksharonkdesigns] …
Simple Sets #24 available from pickleberrypop
Paper from Meander Kit
Sequin Overlay from Joy Freebie available from Sharon’s blog Artistic Musings.
Ribbon from Scrumptious
Notepaper and staples from Stationery Plus

Glitter Swirls from Harvest Spice by ShabbyPrincess Designs

Fonts – Cac Shishoni and Another Typewriter







3 comments:

Victoria said...

You and my mother need to get together and swap organizational Christmas gift sheets. She is a medical secretary and has lists upon lists of all of her gifting. She always makes me laugh!

I absolutely love the fancy ostrich ornament! I suppose the closest thing we have to that is a fancy dressed reindeer or Teddy bear.

Happy wrapping!

Anonymous said...

OMG Carol!! I need to hire you!!! my life is a mess right now, I need your organizational skills!!! LOL.

I really admire you!!! I love Xmas presents and they always take me a long time (and money LOL). I try to buy and get the presents wrapped early but sometimes I still find myself doing that on the 24th (which is also my birthday!!!!, so youc an imagine how crazy I am LOL).

Anyway, congrats on being so organized, and I'd love to be part of your self help group LOL.

Thanks for your comments on my page friend ;).

Huge hugs & kisses,

Mariquita

Amandac said...

I love your idea about the spreadsheet! That is sheer genuius. I really should start getting my Christmas shopping organised. {{hug}}