Saturday, October 6, 2007

Does chocolate cake really mend all woes?

I wonder. I'm going to try out the theory. Actually had my first night of full sleep in the bed last night. I did wake up coughing during the night, but I didn't feel the need to get out of bed. So there's a step in the right direction. Still on the antibiotics and still feeling fuzzy headed. Oh and I did forget to tell, amongst it all I have an ache in my jaw at the back from where half a filling fell out through all my coughing. Yes, you read right!!! I can't even contemplate a visit to the dentist at the moment so am using nurofen to mask that pain, but now even hot or cold is really hurting.

So Mike has gone off to play some 'old man' bowls this arvo! ha. That's what I call it. Lawn Bowls. It's actually a lot of fun and a lot harder than it looks. He plays to the death, I play for fun on social nights and make everyone do a happy dance when you bowl nearest the kitty. We really should never be on the same team!

So back to me, cause it's all about me at the moment. I'm still desperately upset about not going to Canberra this weekend, so I decided chocolate cake may just help. I'll let you know. It's baking now.

Anyway, it's not just all about me of course. It's about Sharon too. Sharon's amazing new digi scrapping kit called 'Meander'. It's just terrific, lots of fun to be had with these colours, oh and the sequins are just magic. It's available from pickleberrypop as always. Isn't it just beautiful?




As well as putting together my 'Things that Never Really Happened' book .... nearly finished!! I'm also putting together layouts for a book for my mother-in-law for next Mother's Day. Shhhhh, it's a secret, you won't tell will you? LOL I want to put a pic of all her grandchildren in it, plus a spattering of the rest of us too. My MIL is quite crafty herself, so I do think she will enjoy it to the max. Here's a couple of layouts I have put together of my most beautiful niece and nephew using Sharon's fabulous Meander Kit. Enjoy.









4 comments:

ksharonk said...

Fabulous job on your layouts, Carol ... I think everyone on the team has taken up your creative 'sequin on a stitch' idea and run with it this weekend, lol! :)

ksharonk said...

Fabulous job on your layouts, Carol ... I think everyone on the team has taken up your creative 'sequin on a stitch' idea and run with it this weekend, lol! :)

Heather said...

Beautiful layouts! Hope you feel better soon. :-)

Victoria said...

Eve would tell you to skip the cake and just eat the frosting!
How awful to have no relief! Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way! Should I have Eve eat some chocolate frosting in sympathy?

I am so excited to know a new layout is forthcoming that never really happened! YEAH!

The layouts are so cool! I love the names for the freckles and the wonderful sentiment in the hero page! All are amazing!