Sunday, October 7, 2007

Another weekend over

Another weekend over, where did it go? I have one more day off work, a legitimate day which I was taking off after the non-Canberra weekend so I may as well take it still. Coughing still but not quite as much, but still just as worn out.

Watched Australian Idol tonight, can I say ***I AM SO SICK OF MARK HOLDEN INFLUENCING THE VOTING*** There, I said it. He is so transparent that he has favourites, he does not judge the singers on a level playing field. It is making me sick. Dicko is driving me nuts too, I think if Mark says black, Dicko will just say white to be opposite. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think Kyle is the best judge this year. At least what he says makes sense and it's constructive. I would love to have a night where the judges just zipped their lips and let the public decide on what the public decides.

Having said all that .... "GO CARL" Swing is back .. yeah!

Now have you been over to visit Sharon at Artistic Musings and picked up her Mini Meander freebie. I swear she has made these colours specifically for my Bo Bo Girl and I had such fun using the mini kit. Is the colouring perfect or what? And I am loving playing with the sequins. Do you love how I just randomly threw these across the layout. hahhaahahahahaha (I laugh deliriously). If only it was that easy. I had each sequin marked with their colour, and then copied, copied, copied, copied. Then well, when there was the odd one or two sequins I wanted to move, it took forever to work out exactly "which" green one I was trying to click on. I'm sure there's an easier way in Photoshop, who knows. Being self-taught, I'm probably doing things the long way round.

Anyway this is what I created. Took this photo yesterday of Bo basking in the sun.





Onto another thing, I can tick off my Christmas list - I did it. I ordered my first Shutterfly book. I finally finished by 'Things that Never Really Happened' and it became a 33 page book which I'm giving to my mum for Christmas. I am hoping I got all the edges right and nothing gets overly cropped. I remembered to turn off VividPics as I've read you must do that so the colour remains the same. I am pretty sure I've dotted all my i's and crossed my t's. Fingers crossed.
.
I had gone to and fro as to what company I was going to use to print this book, and ended up deciding on Shutterfly, firstly because I could design the front cover myself which I liked. I've been lusting after Victoria's books for so long so have looked to her as inspiration. Thank you also Victoria for answering my email pleas for help and advice. But secondly my main decision was how strong the Australian $ is now against the US $ so even adding international postage, it's come out very favourably against competitors.
.
Stay tuned, hopefully I should have it by the end of October.

1 comment:

ksharonk said...

Be sure to report back (with pics!) and tell us what you think of your Shutterfly book. And yes, of course, I did indeed design the freebie with Bo in mind! Hope she enjoyed playing in all the sequins! ;)