Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year

Well already into the second day of twenty-ten. I'm trying to get into the habit of saying twenty-ten as opposed to two thousand and ten. What is everyone else saying?

A quiet entry into the new year for us. Gosh, you know you're getting old when you decide to watch the Glenn Miller Story on telly on New Years Eve! Of course the bagpipes came out at midnight and Mike did a scoot down the driveway with them playing Auld Lang Syne, but there was nothing much going on in town, everything was very quiet. Then, dare I say we stayed up and watched another movie. Do I even say out loud that the first movie we watched of 2010 was The Village People! hahaha Mike cringes as I mention that.

Christmas tree came down today, and as Murphy's Law would have it, the minute I'd packed the last thing away, I found one more santa still up. He'll just have to get shoved in I think somewhere. I have a huge square chest in the loungeroom as a coffee table and one side of it is where all the decorations go, so no biggie.

So our biggest news I guess for this year is that we've decided to paint the house. It's been green probably since forever, and we're ready for a change. And not one to let grass grow under our feet, we've already picked colours.

Photobucket

Nice huh? The Sago is main colour, the Plum the trim and the Sago quarter is for the chimney and around the windows, just to lift it slightly. I'm so looking forward to starting. Remind me of that when I blog about how tired I am and how sick of painting we are! ha

I'll still be doing Christmas pages throughout January I think, so bear with me. I want to know I've covered all aspects of our Christmasses before sending the book to print. This was a special page for me to put together and most important to be included in my Christmas book.

Photobucket

Photobucket




Credits here.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Happy new year to you too!

Amandac said...

Haooy new Year to you Carol - I have come back to the land of blogger and I need you to help me stay on track lol

I am just loving your gorgeous Christmas page and this book is going to be wonderful - but these pages are the most beautiful - always in your memories, so beautiful {hug}

Oh and btw i LOVE the Sago - it will be great!

Polly said...

I love your house colours. I still have not taken the tree down, I might make that a must do job before we leave for holidays!