Sunday, December 20, 2009

Whoosh

This weekend has gone so fast, it's gathered up speed as it's flown on by. Already Sunday afternoon.

Friday was our Christmas parade here in town and the weather held! YAY. Mike was an elf like no other, throwing out lollies on the santa trailer to all the kids (small and big alike!!). He had so much fun. We had a picnic dinner for Carols by Candlelight which was nice. They had a huge tree in the village green and donations to the Salvation Army got you a star to hang on the tree, it was lovely seeing the branches fill with stars. Only in the last 10 minutes did the rain start to spit, but my friend Penny from the up the road to the rescue, she had her umbrella at the ready. There's such a contradiction in sitting in the park, under an umbrella, balancing a candle and singing. But it was fun.

Saturday we headed to see Mike's family which was nice.

And Sunday I've done grocery shopping and worked in the garden. Yes me? Working in the garden, unheard of!!

Back to work tomorrow for the working frenzy to Christmas.

Continuing on with my Christmas pages, here are another couple, our absolutely scrumptious dessert. No plum pudding in this house!!


Photobucket

Photobucket


Credits here.

2 comments:

ksharonk said...

Oh my, that looks totally delish ... pav is my favourite dessert, but I've never had a chocolate one!!! So glad the weather held out for you, in regards to the parade! :)

Chocolate Cat said...

Chocolate pavlova - yum! I'm going to have to try that!