Monday, March 9, 2009

The weekend is over :-(

I have the feeling right now like I usually get Sunday nights. I love my weekends and three day weekends just rock! And as promised, no labouring was happening today! Except sewing, sewing and more sewing.

I'm making huge progress on my about-to-be-18-step-daughter's quilt. This is the eclectic lots of colours and patterns with nothing matching quilt. I did have serious misgivings, as did Mike, when I cut all the material ready for sewing. I guess his "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?" was a big enough hint he thought the mish mash of colours and patterns was a bit out of the norm. ha! But as each row gets sewed on and the quilt gets bigger, it is looking fabulous, if I do say so myself. I even made Mike sew a little row today (much to his chagrin). I want to be able to tell Miss T. that this special forever heirloom quilt for her 18th birthday was made with love by both me *AND* her dad. That will mean the world.

Am I being completely errationally emotional about that?

Now as for other matters. I nearly fell off my chair tonight. Mike was getting ready to go to Masons and he was taking an awfully long time in the bathroom. He had given himself a brazillion!!! hahahahahaha

Okay back up a bit. Maybe not what you're thinking. He had shaved his moustache and goatee off. I have *NEVER EVER* seen his naked upper lip and chin. It was such a shock. A very pleasant shock. I had to grab the camera and snap. I do believe there will be scrapbook page coming up so you'll have to wait and see!

Speaking of his meeting, hmmm how come when he gets asked to "bring a plate" it is me that does the baking?!? Lucky I like to bake. I made a lovely madeira cake (so I guess there was a bit of pleasant labouring done on this Monday Labour Day). Courtesy of Nigella's "Domestic Goddess" my favourite baking book. How does this look for sensational, I love the crispy sugary top.


Funnily enough when I grabbed the camera out, Mike knowingly looked at me and said "ahhh, the project right?" Clever boy.

7 comments:

Lisa Beth said...

Oooo, that looks delish! Wish I had a fork and a cup of tea at your place right now.

But Mike with a naked upper lip? This I've got to see!

Calico said...

Yummmy! That looks mighty tasty as I sit her drinking my coffee with nothing to eat. I can't wait to see that quilt, will there be pictures soon or do we have to wait until it's finished????? It's been so long since I've made a quilt...about 6 years to be exact!

Chocolate Cat said...

That cake looks SO good!! I love Nigella but that is one book of hers I don't have. Donna Hay is a favorite at the moment. Looking forward to seeing that scrapbooking page of the 'brazilian'!!!

Bells said...

looking foward to seeing the quilt, with a description like that! I made Sean knit some of my memory blanket. I think your approach is just lovely.

Can't imagine Mike without facial hair!

Polly said...

I can't wait to see the quilt Carol - I know it will be so fantastic and your SD is going to be crazy with excitement.

Lynne said...

Not emtionally irrational - or any other kind! I think it's a great idea and I'm so glad he played along, however "unwillingly"!

BTW, the cake looks delicious!

Kim said...

OMG will you please just share the recipe before I die from wanting a slice of that cake! YUM!