Friday, July 4, 2008

Surprise visit

Well that was a lovely surprise visit. Friday night here and step son number 1 has just left, completely took us by surprise. Decided to ride the new motorbike near on three hours to get here for a visit. He's just left heading on to see some mates. He's loving this new found freedom being able to just hop on and ride.

Nothing much else to report this week, it's cruised by, end of financial year came and went, now it's tax time which I always tend to leave till the last minute, almost losing my group certificate in the mean time. It happens every year, I would suggest this year will be no different! I will never learn. Plus I'm the shoebox kind of person throwing receipts in, in no particular semblance of order.

Sharon is having a fun time at twolittlepixels and she's revisiting a lot of her old kits. Go and visit Artistic Musings and check it out, and pick up a freebie every day. I had a play with the School Daze Kit. How fun. Yet another page for mum's family history album, some pics of my brother during his school year. And yes! There will be one coming of me, I've just got to find a couple of pics. Oh horror of horrors, I hated my school pics, but will scrap them all the same. All in the name of family history.

Oh and the first pic, don't you just love (what we lovingly term) the 'BOWL CUT' !!! I got them too. That wierd looking fringe, where mum would stickytape the fringe down to our forehead and just cut off what was underneath the sticky tape. Please do tell me other mum's out there were like that back in those days???????

Photobucket

Credits here.

3 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

Well, my DH used to be known as 'Mush' short for mushroom, on account of his gingerish hair cut in just that shape... the old bowl cut! Many people didn't even know his real name. Shh, don't tell I said..!
Esther

Jodie said...

The only thing that saved my sister and I from the bowl cut was that we have naturally curly hair...it tended to spring all over the place when the sticky tape was removed lol! Love the layout.

Victoria said...

I'm a throw things in a folder or a Ziploc storage bag person. Best of luck with the taxes!

The layout is so cool! I tried to cut my own hair because my mom wasn't much better. I was usually shipped to my stepmom's for a hair repair! :)