Sunday, July 6, 2008

Think of me tomorrow

I have a job interview at 2pm tomorrow so send any and all good thoughts my way. Same complex but just back in the HR field which is what I used to do before transferring down here. Everything is ready, have all the documents, certificates etc. I want to take with me, outfit is pressed and hanging ready. All I have to do is the interview now. Shall be back with a report tomorrow.

I've done another page for mum's album, I'm pretty sure these were the very first pictures of me taken. The back of the pictures said I was 2 weeks old. I haven't been able to find any earlier. We're so lucky we can take a zillion pictures now digitally and it doesn't matter if they turn out or not.

I often said to mum as I was growing up that I wish there were some pregnant pictures of her carrying me, but she said it wasn't the done thing back then (which of course as a child gave me the ammunition to fire back "well that means I was adopted then" as only a young mind can work). As for it not being the "done thing" oh how times have changed huh? Pregnant movie stars naked on magazine covers, pregnant women on television, television shows about giving birth. Times sure have changed.

The picture of dad holding me has really given me a giggle, he looks scared stiff. Look at the monkey grip he has around my butt! hahahahaha

Photobucket


Credits here.

8 comments:

Jodie said...

Good luck, I'll be sending good vibes your way.

Lynn said...

Beautiful layout, Carol. Good luck to you on your interview! :)

Christeph said...

Sending lots of positive vibes - but know you'll sail through and they'll be lucky to have you!
Hugz!

Rose Red said...

Good luck with the job interview Carol!

The pic of your dad is very funny - my husband is the same with little babies - no idea how to hold them!!

Chocolate Cat said...

Its now just after 1pm so you won't get these good luck wishes till your interview is well and finished! Sure you won't need them anyway!
Love the photos of you as a baby. Those glassess made me laugh, my Mum and aunty had identical ones!!

Amandac said...

Well???? How did it go Carol?

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

Hope it went well, do you think people will look at pictures of us in 40 years and say, look at the glasses...and how could they wear that??? I suppose so... Tracey

Victoria said...

I sympathize with your dad. I was scared stiff when I held Aaron. I was sure I would break him. Another pure treasure, Carol! :)