Sunday, July 20, 2008

Has it really been that long?

Has it? Since I last blogged? Nearly a week has gone by, well that's one week of your life you're not getting back huh? Goodness. Time is going by so quickly. Weekend is almost done. There's a yummy big lasagne cooking in the oven right now. I loooooove lasagne! Perfect to freeze in portions for those nights I get home from work and can't be bothered cooking. Ha! I could count every night in that equation.

I went down to Geelong yesterday to catch up with mum, my brother and out to see my parents-in-law. I had made a double quantity of vegetable, bacon and lentil soup to take to my in-laws. I haven't mentioned much on here but my mother-in-law is very ill so that's why I like to take something down for their freezer when I go, just to help ease the burden of my father-in-law having to cook. I can't do much from up here, but that's one little thing I can do.

Mum and I also went into Bay City Plaza, or I should say Westfield and saw all the extensions. My goodness. I can't believe it but I actually got lost inside. And be still my heart, Big W has come to Geelong! ha. Bargains a plenty. My best bargain I got yesterday was 2 pair of men's denim jeans for $10 each! Perfect for Mike while working in the shed.

Today has been quite cruisy, our little town had it's first monthly craft market which we duly bought a few things, not to mention lemon butter. YUMMO! I love lemon butter on toast.

Two more weeks and I transfer into my new position. It made me laugh the other day. I was doing quite a bit of shredding, and it seems anyone that transfers often does that. All the excess baggage that we tend to accumulate along the way in our jobs.

Right, now here's a couple of pages to share for mum's family history book. This is a double page spread, the first is on the left, the second is on the right. These will feature on the first few pages of the book. Enjoy!


Photobucket

Photobucket


Credits for the first.
Credits for the second.


Absolutely loving Sharon's new pack of arrows. She says it's easy to create. I say phooey to that, I have no idea how. So to have a stack of arrows to pick from. I can see myself using these over and over. How cool are they... click on the pic to take you to the shoppe.


Okay well that's it from me this weekend. Mike is in the kitchen fiddling on the laptop changing his business website around. I have a dog nose nudging at my elbow and big brown soulful eyes looking up at me, wanting me to go play so best I do that, before we lose all light.

Enjoy the week ahead.

5 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

What a delightful love story! I don't suppose they kept the letters?

Victoria said...

The pages are so fun to read and learn about their story! I look forward to the next pages!

The lasagna sounds so yummy!

I got lost coming back from my sister's house on Wednesday. In traffic time, no less! I made it to my familiar surrondings to find a gas leak on the road I was taking and a policeman blocking the road. We were all detoured, then the alternate route we stopped for a train. We finally made it home and I look forward to visiting my sister's house again next year! :)

Susie Roberts said...

I just love these two layouts, Carol. My mother was a nurse too, doing her training in the early 50's. I can't get over how clear the photo is - you are so lucky to have it. Beautiful tribute.

Chocolate Cat said...

I love the photo of your Mum in her nurses uniform. I can still remember my mum and aunty wearing their red capes ! Big W in Geelong!!! I missed that, must be time for me to go and visit my in-laws!

Bells said...

is that really how they met? How wonderful. And so close by!

I adore those glasses.

I made bacon and lentil soup this week, too. I'm still eating it!