Saturday, July 26, 2008

Woooo hoooooo!!!

Okay I didn't get in last night to tell of my good news. I was so excited yesterday I could hardly breathe. I had rostered myself to come in late to work because 9am I had some very important business to do at home on my fast net access ... the box office opened for Billy Joel tickets.

So I syncronised my time on my computer with the time on the telly so I knew exactly when it was 9am. I had already logged into ticketek. And then the time clocked over and I flew into it. I dont think I've ever typed or clicked so fast in my life. And I got them. Two absolutely fabulous seats, so close to the stage, 8th row back in a raised section, that I swear if he flicks his head his sweat will fly onto us! hahahahahahaha

I rang mum as she's the other ticket, she's a huge fan too and well didn't go in 2006 because she wouldn't leave dad at home with a carer. We were both screaming on the phone and jumping around and Mike just looked at me like I was from another planet.

See he doesn't do "live" concerts. His view is why be crushed by hundreds of people, sit on uncomfortable chairs, pay exhorbitant prices when I can just sit at home in my comfy loungechair with a bourbon at the ready and watch a dvd of the same thing. How many times have I told him it's not the same thing, not at all. A live experience is like nothing I can describe.

This will be the sixth time I've seen Billy and these are my best seats yet. Now, hmmm, how many sleeps till 29th November? hahahahahahaha

Onto scrapping...

Creashens has a really lovely new kit called Tamed out and it is chockers full of pretties to play with, and totally perfect for animal or zoo type layouts. How cute is this picture, my brother took it at Healesville Sanctuary a few years back, I love the way the kangaroos are holding hands. I thought over the course of time when I get appropriate animal shots, I will do an alpha book, so at least I have K covered now. Only 25 pages to go, but I'm in no hurry.

If anyone has any animal pics to spare you know where to find me, I'd love to scrap them.


Photobucket

Here's the kit, click on the pic to take you to the store, oh and don't forget to pick up the freebie matching alpha too, you can get that from the twolittlepixels newsletter.

6 comments:

catsmum said...

well of course you know where to come for 'g is for goat' pictures ... :]

LVMommy22 said...

hiya carol! i just got a knitting loom and have nearly finished my first hat. and whenever i think of yarn crafts i think of you. so i thought i'd pop in to say hi since it's been ages, lol! i've seen your LOs on sharons blog and i just saw the ones you're doing for your mum's book - spectacular, as always! it sounds like things are going well for you. i can't believe the seats you got for billy joel!!! you are one lucky gal! i must say i'm a little jelous. you'll post all about it won't you? i'm counting on it, lol! if you still have bunches of lemons you should juice the extras and freeze the juice in ice cube trays so you'll have 'fresh' juice when you need it. just store the frozen juice cubes in a ziplock baggie. see ya sooner or later ...
:) M

Victoria said...

WOO HOO! Way to type o'fingers of Mercury! Those seat sound fantastic! I look forward to the pre-Billy build up and the aftermath of scrapping delight to honor the occassion!

The kit is so cute and I love the kangaroos! I remember you sending that cute photo!

KristiYaYa said...

Congrats on the great concert seats! I know you will have a ball! November must feel like forever to you now, but it will fly! I miss you girly!!!! Where have you been????
HUGS!!! ~ K

Calico said...

Oh, look at those sweet kangaroo faces!!!! I'm so thrilled for you and the concert tickets. I know the excitement you must feel. When I was in high school, I loved the group Loverboy (remember them from the 80's???) OK, it was more like an obsession. Anyway, when they came to town, my friend and I camped out at the ticket place for 3 nights(we wanted to make sure we were first in line) and we ended up with front row, center seats!!!! I just about died and went to heaven. Never screamed so much in my life being so close to them was just magical. I hope November comes quick for you!!!

Amandac said...

LOL Carol I can just imagine you jumping up and down screaming on the phone, the time will pass really quickly because you are looking forward to it with a passion :)

Umm I have a really cute wombat photo for W if you are interested and a Monitor Lizard too LOL