Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sleeping beauty

Is in the loungeroom right now as I type. Mike has conked out on the couch, we were watching "Long Way Down" which the hour went by and I thought he'd been so quiet because he was intent on the motor bike riding, ha! He was asleep. Still is. Guess who won't be able to sleep tonight?

Oh it was so cold this morning when I left for work. The garden temperature gauge (merely a garden ornament but it gives a general idea of the temp) said minus 7 !!! Everything was white and crunchy with ice. It was definitely one of those mornings when the alarm went off you wanted to stay under the covers.

I do have some exciting news to share. My brother has been "seeing" a lady for some times now, three years I guess, something like that. When I say "seeing" I use the term loosely as he met her on the internet but in those three years they have clocked up a zillion dollars of phone calls, he's been over to USA twice, she's been to Australia once, they've talked, corresponded, sent package after package to each other, and now it's happened. They've finally run the gamut of immigration and she's immigrated to Australia with her two boys. I'm looking forward to meeting the boys next weekend. It's all very exciting for all of them and my brother is happier than he's ever been.

I must admit, I am looking forward to having two more small "victims" to scrapbook! LOL

Now for another trip into the family history book, I have made this double page, except you're going to have to view it one after another. My brother did another lot of scanning and again more pictures that are completely new to me. I must admit to shedding a number of tears when I saw them, they're so fabulous to look at and again in pristine condition. So here are some pictures of my mum, my grandma and me from the 60's.



Photobucket


Photobucket


Credits here and here.


Gotta love my grandma, in full stockings on the beach! And well you all thought the pointy toes was so this season? I beg to differ. Check out mum's shoes!

8 comments:

Calico said...

Absolutely wonderful layouts Carol! You have quite the talent for layout design and I do so enjoy your album in progress!
Calico

Bells said...

Wow, such clarity in those photos! I wouldn't expect that from happy snaps from the 60s. I've never seen anything like it! Beautiful.

And your brother. WOW! That's huge news! I hope they will be very happy!

SaschkaH said...

I love your Scrapbooking work Carol - it's just gorgeous.

That's really exciting about your brother - I pray it all works out for them!

Stay warm honey - hope that the temp improves soon!

Chocolate Cat said...

That is so lovely for your brother and of course for you having a whole new family of scrapping 'victims', I wish them every happiness.
Love the pages! You were very cute!

Lynne said...

So wonderful to find all those 'old' photos and even more wonderful of your brother to scan and send them. He may not have much time for such 'hobbies' in the future. Good luck to him and his partner.

Victoria said...

Congratulations to your brother!

The layouts bring happy tears to my eyes because you can tell the delight that both your mum and grandmum take in your small little being. The stockings at the beach is too funny!

It is hot and muggy here. I think it is in the high 80s or low 90s Farenheit.

Peggy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Peggy said...

Amazing layouts. I Love them and the work on the photos. Congratulations for this.
There are a lot of beautiful layouts to do with old pictures, one day I'll surely try but I'm alrealy late to scrap recent pictures so....