Saturday, June 28, 2008

That darn mouse!

I feel like I'm playing a role in "Mousical the Musical", this darn mouse is leading me on a merry chase. With two nights mouse-free I thought right, word had gotten out into the mouse kingdom that this was not a good place to be. No sight nor sound, no tell-tale signs. Then I walk into the laundry in the afternoon yesterday and mouse droppings!!!! In the middle of the floor. During broad daylight this time no less, with a cat in the house. Arrrrrgggghhhh!!!!

THIS IS WAR !

I sound all charged up don't I? But any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated. We fear this devious mouse (who is obviously the ringleader of the other poor suckers that met their dire ending) is far too slippery a character for even us to outwit.

Step son number 1 is coming for dinner tonight and possibly a sleepover. Now that he lives over the other side of Melbourne I thought we wouldn't see him as often, but I do believe we're seeing him more, which is a good thing. Gotta love how I've trained these kids. He has bought himself a motorbike to get around on. The other kids don't know that yet, that's a surprise tomorrow when he pulls up in their driveway. But he said to me last week, I'll come down on the motor bike so you can take pictures ... (then he added) to scrapbook !!! ROFLMAO. Is he trained well or what?

It's been a cruisy day today and quite frankly has felt like Sunday being that I had yesterday off. I finished another page for mum's book last night, utilising again some old slides but incorporating a current day picture. Hope you like it. Oh ... and if you read this and happen to know my brother, please don't ask him "where's puffin' billy?" In days gone by he would lift up his shirt, point to his belly button and say "there's puffin' billy" !! haha For overseas readers, Puffing Billy is an old steam train that takes tourists for rides in the Dandenongs.

Photobucket


Credits here.

Oh and as an aside, if you do know Trevor and are reading this blog, don't tell him about this book!

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Hmmm, the mouse... I hate mice, so I am right there with you in declaring war. We have found we need multiple traps and talon to really eliminate them. Just need to be super super careful with talon and animals. Dh buys the little block type, puts it in the roof cavity, up high in the shed etc. Anywhere really that pets can't get it. Good luck.

Amandac said...

I'm no help with mice I'm afraid Carol - I live in the city and the only mouse I have run across was dangling in my cat's mouth as she trotted towards me, supremely confident in the fact that she would be named Queen of the hunters - omg! I did a little screaming which wasn't entirely what she expected and that was the last I have seen of mice around here!

That is a GREAT page Carol! I love the blended pic of Trevor in his big boy train in contrast to teh earlier photos! Brilliant! Can't wait to see the pics of Step Son No1 on is motorbike LOL he is well trained isn't he LOL

Bells said...

How can you sleep knowing there's a mouse in the house???

Victoria said...

Dastardly mouse!!!

You are such a talented trainer!

That layout is so fun and the journaling is fantastic!