Friday, June 20, 2008

So so tired

My favourite time of the week has rocked around yet again, Friday night ... ahhhhh! I love my Friday nights.

I'm so tired I do believe it may just flash right past me though. I had a long long day yesterday. I had to take an early train to Melbourne which left at 6.15am which meant I had to leave about 5.45 to get to the train station. And I didn't walk back in the door here at home until 10pm. That was a huge day and I'm still feeling the effects of it now to the point of feeling dizzy sick.

So as I left work tonight my drive home lead me to my favourite butchers in town and I got some yummy looking chicken kievs for dinner and they are baking with all their garlicky goodness in the oven right now. I can't wait.

So again with the family album and I have this photo of my brother meeting the amazing Kostya Tszyu some years ago. Trevor absolutely loves this photo but the fact it was at a book signing the background was just rows and rows of books which he didn't like. Enter photoshop! I'm not going to show him this layout because it is going in the family book, I think he'll be really pleased with the outcome.

Photobucket

Credits here.

Love the weathered look I've put on the picture. Funny isn't it. When scrapbooking we take lovely new photographs and papers (well pixels of them anyway) and tear them, crumple them, bend them, to make them look old and worn for our bright and shiny albums of memories. The irony of that never fails to give me the giggles.

Now the smell of garlic is beckoning. Mmmmmm. G'night.

3 comments:

deborah a/k/a SimplyVixen said...

you KO'd this page gf!!!
he is just gonna LUV it, I know this, cuz I do lol

the photo-editing is SO amazing!
great work gf!
hugs!

Amandac said...

Awwww sorry you are feeling that tiered Carol! That's no good!

I LOVE that weathered look Carol! It's true though about the visual aging - it is pretty weird but i still love the look of it!. I saw you totally adorable puppy page over at Sharon's blog and wow!!!!!! I LOVE it too! You are doing some great work my friend! I'm sure your brother is going to love that page!

Calico said...

Amazing job on this Carol! You really should do photo restoration for a living!!! your brother's gonna love it! Hopefully you've caught up on some rest!
hugs,
Calico