Sunday, June 22, 2008

Ick!

This weekend has had a few ick factors thrown this way.

First of all we have a mouse. I hate creepy crawlies of any persuasion, mice are definitely included. Although I haven't seen said mouse. I've just seen evidence of his or her comings and goings in the laundry room. All I'm wondering is how big and ferocious this mouse is seeings Bo has decided it is not worth her bother. Either that or it is very sneaky. Tonight "Operation Mouse" begins.

And my second ick moment was 6.30 this morning Molly decided to be sick. In the bedroom. Ewwwwwwwwwwwww! Up and cleaning and disinfecting at 6.30 in the morning on a Sunday no less is not my idea of a weekend. Poor poppet though, she looked thoroughly embarrassed, if it is at all possible for a dog to look that way.

Hey, I wonder if *SHE* ate the mouse in the middle of the night and it didn't agree with her? That's something I've only just thought of this minute. See and now that's moved me onto a third ick factor even thinking of that.

So fun and games for us this weekend. Ha! I say "us" very loosely, because it was me that cleaned up after both the mouse and Molly.

I went back to the slides and picked another couple for yet another page for mum's secret family history book. I really love how this has turned out, colourful and yet still with a vintage air about it, sympathetic to the era of the picture.


Photobucket


Credits here.

I actually shed a few tears when I finished up this page last night. When I looked at the pictures I could see how young mum and dad were and how much time has passed to bring us to 2008 and even though it's irrational to think I hadn't thought it before, because I had, but seeing these pictures really brought home to me how much of a void mum has in her life. See, completely irrational. I know they were together for 40-something years. I know that. But visualising it, looking at their young hopeful faces and now thinking of mum now, there's an awful lot of history between. And it made me really tearful thinking about all those years which are mere memories now.

So it's given me even more drive to get as many of these beautiful photos of our lives put together with stories forever, so both the pictures and the stories of our lives are never lost.

And with that I'll bid you goodnight.

5 comments:

deborah a/k/a SimplyVixen said...

molly's a mouser, huh? wish I could get my furballs to hunt the pesky lil' creatures (altho Dudie is a great mouser, if he's in the mood, he got a chipmunk the other day, poor thing)

am thinkin'ya must be PMS'in gf cuz yer feelin' so melancholy and am sure your Mum just smiles with all of the wonderful memories she has!

just LUV and Trevor makes 4!!!
the colors are Oh So Perfect, and the measuring tape is a nice touch!
I don't know if your Mum is gonna laff or cry, she prolly do both, then give U great big hugs!

nice work gf!!!

Chocolate Cat said...

Oh dear there were a few 'ick' moments weren't there! Hate it if the animals are sick and I have to clean it up - Greg has a much stronger stomach than me!!
Cherish the memories you have of your Dad and the years your Mum had with him but allow yourself to feel sad he's not here anymore.The album you are making will be such a wonderful healing tool for you all.

Bells said...

Oh how adorable. I can see how that moved you. It was just yesterday in some ways, but so long ago.

Icky animal moments!! Where was Mike in the great vomit debacle?cxejgy

Susie Roberts said...

Fabulous page, Carol. The papers are perfect for the scrappy look.

Victoria said...

Oh, Carol! Tears are brimming in my eyes and make it hard to type this comment. I don't think it is irrational at all. I always look at the faces in photos and think about the passage of time and what they might have been doing and what has happened since that moment in time was captured. Just so beautiful! Your mum has a true gem with you!

So sorry for the mouse problem. We dehydrated ours with rat poison. Poor Molly! I remember when our Golden Retriever, Gracie, ate a tube sock. The sock didn't make it down her gullet too far before she hacked it up in the kitchen. Michael spared me having to clean it up as I was 8 months pregnant and I think I might have turned green just looking at the clean up ahead.