Monday, March 10, 2008

Priscilla

Oh my! Oh my oh my oh my! I did mention I was seeing Priscilla the stage show in Melbourne on Saturday night, a fabulous gift my bestie gave me to go see the show with her, girls night out in the big city!! Wooo hooo.


We had a fabulous evening. A lovely Thai banquet which was really really yummy. Then on to the Regent Theatre. It is such a magnificent place, I was in awe.

The show - OMG the show! It was incredible, loud, vibrant, colourful, funny, exciting, brilliant. I'm going to run out of words here. I laughed till my sides hurt, I had a huge smile on my face all night, I sang, I tapped my feet, I didn't know where to look, I didn't want to miss out on one single thing. It was absolutely a spectacle.

Then ......... are you ready for this? They came out after the interval for the second half of the show and were doing a number "Thank God I'm a Country Boy", lots of singing and dancing and then all of a sudden about 10 or 12 dancers ran off the stage and grabbed someone in the audience to go up on stage with them.

Yep, you guessed it. Me ... sitting on the aisle in the second row. Yikes.

So I did the hoedown with the dancer that had grabbed me, singing and dancing round the stage, absolutely loving every minute, almost crying I was laughing so much. Then at the end they took all our hands and we stood in a big line at the front of a stage for a big bow. Too too funny. All in front of hundreds of people.

My bestie I think had nearly wet her pants by this stage laughing, thank goodness there were no cameras allowed in the theatre, whew!

I didn't regain my breath I think for at least another half hour, LOL.

All in all an absolutely amazing night. Thank you S. I love you to bits.

4 comments:

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

You lucky thing, that would have been fabulous-you seem to be partying a bit, well done, you dserve a bit of hair letting down time! Tracey

Amandac said...

Oh wow Carol how marvelous is that! That would have been just wonderful - oh I wish there had been cameras allowed, I would LOVE to have seen you on the stage dancing and taking your bow :)

Lynne said...

Oh wow! I know these things happen - but never to anyone I know...until now!

Fantastic!!

Bells said...

ABsolutely brilliant. I can so see you doing this - but it would have been so much easier if your bestie had taken a photo!!!!