Friday, March 14, 2008

No more sleeps to go

Are you still waiting to find out what I was counting down to??? Huh? Huh?

Well as of today I am on holiday leave from work, long service leave to be precise for ... wait for it ... FIVE WHOLE WEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahhhhhoooooooooo. Not that I dislike work, but I'd rather not be there than be there, oh and get paid for not being there too.

I'll be heading back home a number of times over the next five weeks. A few months on now and mum is taking two steps forward and often one step backwards. I want to be able to do some fun things with her, she doesn't drive, so get her out of the house and further afield even perhaps. I'd love to do a road trip with her but she doesn't feel quite up to that at the moment ... hmmmm but you know how persuasive I can be. We'll see.

It has been so hot here the last few days, even at 6.30am this morning it was 20 degrees according to our temperature gauge outside. That's quite unheard of down south. Plus a fire on a farm only 10 minutes up the road. With the dry conditions, that can be quite scary if the wind is blowing this way towards town.

Gosh I have a not so little girl beside me (Molly) who is putting her paw on my knee with a view I think to clambouring up. Errr, I don't think so. I really feel for the animals in this heat.

Okay before going to bed I will post one of my layouts I recently did but have not shown you. You know how my husband plays bagpipes. Well this is my little friend which I've played for over 30 years now. Alas I'm not in any band any more up here, there's no brass bands within an hour from where I live. But I still have my little friend here to pick up and play when the whim takes me.


Credits here. Isn't that the yummiest colour paper? Almost an exact match to our old uniform jackets. Yes, definitely a fashion statement! LOL. The Garden Delights paper pack really is just scrumptious.

Night all ... from the new lady of leisure !!

8 comments:

Christeph said...

You lucky lucky thing, what I wouldn't give for five weeks...in fact what I wouldn't give for one week! Gosh, you're so talented sweetie, and I didn't know you were musical as well! Loved the layout of Stepson No 1 as well (that always reminds me of Charlie Chan lol!) Hugz!

Esther Andrews said...

I enjoy reading your blog. I grew up in the Western District not far from where you are I think, and I know that it was hardly ever hot enough to go to the pool... !! My grandfather was principal at Hyde St PS and I have many pics of him with their award winning brass band. Perhaps some of them went on to play with you in FYCB!
Esther

Esther Andrews said...

...oh, and have a great holiday!

Victoria said...

Congratulations on your 5 weeks break! I hope you and your mum have such a great time getting out and doing things together!

I hope the fires get put out quickly and everybody stays safe!

That is one fancy jacket and great smile! Beautiful layout.

Lynne said...

Well, you are a woman of many talents, aren't you?

Amandac said...

Oh wow five weeks leave that sounds magic! Do try to persuade your Mum on a road trip, I bet you both would have a great time! Go somewhere cooler, come up North the weather is lovely in QLD hahahahaha. Great LO Carol, I love your style chickie! And way to go on the brass instument (whose name eludes me but I'm thinking French horn LOL), you are musical and crafty!

Bells said...

Carol I am more jealous than I can possibly say.

catsmum said...

shame that you're too far to drive to Castlemaine - the Foundary Band would snap you and your friend up LOL