Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Getting excited

Yes I'm getting excited, mum is coming to stay a couple of days from tomorrow. Sounds silly doesn't it? Here I am '40-something' and excited about mum coming here. But I've lived in this little town for nearly 4 years now and mum hasn't been here very often, perhaps twice, maybe pushing it three times. When dad got sick he gave up his drivers licence and then was too sick to travel anyway, mum wouldn't leave him for the day either, besides which she doesn't drive. So I *am* excited. I want mum to share my little town here too, and when I talk about things I want her to be able to picture it, or even make some friends down here too. Plus a change of scenery will do her good.

But having said that, I've run round the house like a screaming banshee, cleaning, tidying, making sure all looks good. LOL. No matter how old we get, we're all still a bit like that when it comes to our mums aren't we? Please tell me I'm not alone.

Now, my other very exciting news. I FINISHED MY MONKEY SOCKS!!!!!!!!!! Here they are, I'm so proud.



The yarn is The Knittery in Berrybliss colour. It looks even better up close, really sweet coloured, if that makes sense.


And it has been a time of accomplishments for me this week. I ALSO FINISHED MY SHUTTERFLY BOOK!!!!!!! I am full of exclamation marks at the moment, LOL. It's been sent away for printing and I am now hanging out for it to arrive. I can't speak more highly of this company, the books are superb. This is the one I have made for my mother-in-law for mother's day of all her grandchildren. I hope she loves it as much as I've enjoyed making it.

With that being said, I shall share another layout I made for it. Youngest stepson from before I knew him, cute as can be. My father-in-law gave me this photo, how cute is the knotted hankie on his head?!?

Photobucket


Credits here. (I even made my own lady bug!!)

Can you please tell me if I'm showing the layouts too big now? I forget that not everyone has a honking big rectangle screen like I do. Just want to make sure that it's appearing okay at the other end viewing it.

Night all!

9 comments:

Bells said...

you are not alone! thank God mine never comes to visit is all I can say.

Your monkeys look SO good. I'm not one for pink but that's a very, very appealing shade of pink. How good do you feel???

Layouts look fine to me. I have a big screen though. I'll look at work where I have a pissy little screen.

Melissa said...

Your page of your youngest stepson is great, and the size of your photo isn't too large at all--it is perfect for my screen.

Your monkey socks are adorable, and I'm impressed with woman and men who have the talent to create such wonderful gifts.


Enjoy your visit with your mom. I know that y'all will have a *wonderful* time together.

Jodie said...

Oh I still frantically clean when my Mum comes to visit as well.
Layouts look fine... and I have a tiny screen.
LOVE the socks.

Victoria said...

I completely understand the need to have things tidy and in their place!

The socks are so beautiful. I love the design and color!

The layout of Tristan is TOO CUTE! The knotted hanky makes me think of the Monty Python sketch about wanting to be a brain surgeon! The lady bug is delightful, too! Well done, all around!

Amandac said...

How cool are those socks Carol!!! You are a clever chickie, thats for sure. Don't worry, now I'm back at work I see my Mum every day nearly and I still run around before she arrives tiding and straigtening LOL and I'm 40 something too hahahahaha. I really hope you two have a lovely visit!

Psst the LO size is perfect but I have a big screen too lmao

Amandac said...

Ohhh YES the hankie is VERY Monty Python! I had forgotten that sketch until Victoria mentioned it hahahahha!

Lynne said...

You're not alone! The day before DD was born [she was too weeks early] I spent the morning cleaning and tidying then went shopping for a toaster. When my parents lived in Sydney, my mother had toast for breakfast [alone] - then I discovered that, after moving to the country for their 'tree change'-early retirement, my parents had breakfast together, cereal! Anyway, I was rushed to hospital that afternoon so never saw mum not using the toaster!! LOL

catsmum said...

big screen here too so I'm no help either - but yes, cute photo and i like what you've done with it.

Lisa Beth said...

You're not alone, even here on the other side of the globe I clean like crazy when Mom comes. :-)

Your socks are great, love that color! Berrybliss sounds as yummy as the socks look cozy.

And Tristan is precious! Clever of you to put the ladybug there, as if he was about to find it...