Saturday, March 29, 2008

My mum has broken my dog!

Well not exactly broken, but she has spoilt my furbaby rotten. In fact I'm trying to post this one handed because Molly now believes she must be patted and stroked and scratched behind the ears every single moment you sit down, and even when not sitting down too. Yikes! Give me strength.

I have had a lovely few days with mum down here. A quick jaunt down the street the other day ended up taking 2 hours after I ran into everyone I know in this town so we talked to them all, LOL. Now mum thinks I *do* know everyone in town, ha. If only. We went for a nice drive round the countryside, shall show you a few of the pics so you can see our part of the world here.

She left today when my brother came down to pick her up, really at peace. She was very uneasy leaving the house, even she's not sure why, but this was her first overnighter in a long long time, way before dad even got ill. And it's really great that my husband gets on really well with his MIL too. We took her out for dinner for a real slap up meal too which she felt well and truly spoilt. Mum and dad used to go out every Friday night for dinner until he got to the stage he couldn't eat properly without assistance, so she's missed that lovely feeling of dining out.

I think this visit has shown her that yes, life has changed, it will never ever be the same again, but it doesn't have to be worse, it can just be different, which is okay too.

Here's some pics of our flitting about the countryside. Welcome to our world over here.


PS : Tracey, I know you're going to know EXACTLY where these pics were taken from, LOL.




5 comments:

Lynne said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time with your mum. Yes, life is different but can still be delightful.

Is your area still in drought?

Sorry about your dog - I'm sure he/she will learn quickly that you're not going to pat 24/7!

Lisa Beth said...

Several gorgeous mountains, two beautiful women, one spoilt dog and a happy mum. Sounds like good math to me! :-)

Jodie said...

Gorgeous photos, I'm glad the two, three lol of you had a good time.

Victoria said...

That is a true grandma's ability with her fur grandbabies. My mom is like that with our ferret, which quite surprised me. She let him tear up her panty hose for two weeks.

Your mom is so beautiful! I love the hair cut and her sporty sunglasses! How wonderful to get out for a pampering meal. The scenery is beautiful. It makes me wonder about the sound the tires make on the pebbly-looking road. I like the sound of gravel/pebble roads from driving practice in Alabama.

Amandac said...

Lovely photos Carol! Ahhh the delights of the Aussie countryside in all it's splendour! Your mother obviously gifted you with your good looks as she is one good looking lady! So glad you had a great time and I'm glad that your Mum feels more peaceful, it has been a difficult time for her!