Sunday, February 3, 2008

A trip down memory lane

Mum is wondering what on earth I'm asking all these questions for, I keep ringing her with some inane mumbling. If only she knew.

I have two albums on the go - both intending to be Shutterfly albums - I was so pleased with my 'Things' album from them.

The first is needing to be finished by May. It's for my mother-in-law of layouts of her six grandchildren. I've probably done enough pages now, but I'll keep on going until time comes that I'll need to get it printed.

The second most special one to me is one I started late last year when an idea formed in my mind, even before dad passed away. It was a family album, showing our beginnings, our growing up, special memories, and who we've become. I will get three of these albums printed up one for mum, one for my brother and one for myself. I'm intending on them being quite big so I will take my time over the year to complete them. I've been scanning pictures like crazy.

I thought it would be interesting to see how our names were chosen, so I asked a few random questions of mum, LOL. She of course being ever the organiser, still had the book where her baby names had been written in. It's kind of wierd to think of myself as anything other than Carol, and I already knew the story about the origin of Lee and have seen a picture of this special little baby that mum nursed when she was a mothercraft nurse. So these were the resultant pages.


Both pages use items from Vintage Charm's February Grab bag. Trust me, the white paper is just gorgeous!! Shhh ... don't tell I've spilt the beans as to some of the items inside.
.
News on the homefront here - my stepson, just turned 18, finished school in December, has all on his own doing within a month, secured himself an apprenticeship as a Boilermaker in a big company in Melbourne and as of today moves there. We are really really proud of him, none of us knew he was even going for it until he had his second interview with him. He came for dinner last night and silly really, but I hugged him like I was saying goodbye forever. We're only 4 hours away, it's not far I know. But I liked being only a short distance away in case he needs us. So his adventures are really just starting.
.
Okay, well off I go, vacc'ing and ironing await, urrgh.

2 comments:

Esther Andrews said...

These are lovely. It is so nice to be able to print them in a bound volumne. I use an Australian company: www.momento.com. Have you tried them? Very high quality. Just wondered how the price compares.

Christeph said...

Oh Carol, this just proves that even on a bad hair day you were adorable lol! Oooh, must go get those grab-bags, as soon as I get paid some pennies....