Friday, February 22, 2008

Number 5 !!

Well here they are, pair number 5. Knitted with The Knittery yarn in the shade called Vineyard. A simple rib pattern in the most delicious green/purple shade. The photo doesn't do it justice. Love them I do. Check out Southern Summer of Socks for other beautiful socks by very talented knitters. There's such a sense of achievement for me when I finish a pair and I get to post my socks on this site. Bells and RoseRed have really given me a gift starting this, because I would never have tried socks otherwise.


Mike has just come in after watching Alien v. Predator 2. He said it was a seriously good movie. Too much gore for me.
.
We have our biggest event of the year in town here tomorrow and it's raining. It's a music festival where the best time would be had being out doors in the sunshine soaking up all the music events. But every year it rains. I think only one year I've known it to be a lovely sunny day. But right now we're building an ark, truly. It hasn't stopped since about 5pm and here I am 5 and a half hours later and still it rains.
.
At least you can say the town is consistent.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

It was raining buckets last night and this morning here. We need it desparately.

I love the comment you made about the shot of Eve looking back. I completely agree. I was playing around with the photo for quite a while, but was unable to get the look I wanted. Maybe it was a case of over thinking. I believe I will revisit that idea directly. Thanks! :)

The socks are super groovy!

I haven't seen the alien v. predator flick. I have seen Alien, Aliens and Predator. The funny thing is now I think of The Vicar of Dibley when I think of Aliens due to the marriage proposal scene. I don't know if you have ever seen the show, but it is a riot.

Calico said...

Beeeee-utiful socks Carol! Looks like fun to make! Sorry about the rain, hopefully it will clear up for the festival!