Monday, February 18, 2008

I couldn't help myself

Saturday evening BBQ was fabulous, the coleslaw was yummy (if I do say so myself), it was great company, great friends, an extremely yummy birthday cake, a lovely night, with Mike playing 'happy birthday' on the bagpipes. Lots of fun.

As for Sunday, urrrrrgh, what a non-day that was. It was hot hot hot. Last night was unbearable, we slept with the fan on most of the night. It's still hot here right now. In fact I'm looking at poor little Bo and she's just laid right out on the floor in the next room, legs up in the air, tummy bared, poor thing. I had made Molly a beef ice block as a treat and she licked it right up earlier.

I'm not doing well in this heat!!!!!!! Roll on winter. Did I just say that??? You can slap me when I start complaining.

I ended up making a pigeon pair for the other side of the last page. I dug deep into the archives and came up with these. The kids would absolutely black ban me if they knew I'd done this, let alone shown it to the world! LOL

Credits here.




3 comments:

Victoria said...

So sorry to hear about the heat! My mother and I would resort to what we called a "sprinkle off" when I was a kid. We would take turns jumping into the shower with the cold water on and then dust off with a bit of baby powder after drying off. It seemed to have an over all cooling effect. I don't remember many working air conditioners as a kid.

I would love to hear Mike play bagppipes. Do you think he would let you post a you tube like video of him?

The layout is adorable and I promise not to tell them you posted it! :)

Amandac said...

Oh glad you had a great time Carol! Well that coleslaw certainly looked delicious - yum! I hate the heat too, my fav season is winter but I DO live in the sub tropics LOL. Love the companion LO - a very clever idea! hugs

Bells said...

aren't they beautiful! Love those chubby faces.

I imagine being a dog in this heat is just hideous.