Saturday, September 15, 2007

She's not fat, she's just hefty!

Well today was the day that both Molly and Bo were off to the vets for their annual shots. I have re-jigged their yearly shots so that they can be done together, this was our first year to do that. What was I thinking? A 45 minute drive to the vets with both of them in the car.
.
Bo was pitifully meowing the whole way, she really doesn't like car travel, let alone being in her cat carrier. I had bought a new harness for Molly for the car and eeek, the large didn't fit her. It said labrador on the box!! Hmmmph. So I ended up in the back seat next to her. Oh joy! She decided to bark at every car that passed us. I'm deafened.
.
Now I ask, I have no idea what Dr. Adam was thinking but he decided to see them both TOGETHER! Now don't get me wrong, they do tolerate each other, a quiet respect, but they have no desire to be THAT close. Our quiet-unassuming-love everybody-Molly decided to take an inane dislike to Dr. Adam when he held the thermometer out. We did warn him from episodes in previous years that she was 'bottom shy' but he wouldn't listen and after she nearly bit him (yikes!) he finally listened and got a muzzle for her. My poor girl she just put her head into the crook of my armpit and sobbed when she got her temp taken. Needles no worries, worming tablets, yep they're a treat, but take her temperature and she turns into a feral wide eyed stranger.
.
Molly has meant to be on a diet for the past 12 months and she has lost, since the last visit, a grand total of ......... (drum roll please) .......... half a kilogram (that's about 1 pound for my American friends). Oh the shame. In 12 months she's lost a pound. She's now 40.3 kilograms, that's 88 pound my friends.
.
Now I say yes she's overweight, but she's not a pure lab. She's crossed with something and I like to think it's probably a very large dog. Yes she has a jelly belly, but she's quite firm across the shoulders and chest. So I think she's just a sturdy dog, yanno. So on with the diet we go, Dr. Adam wants us in once every couple of months now to weigh her.
.
I did get her a new harness whilst at the vets. Ummmmm, errrrrrrr, the one that fitted her fits a Newfoundland or Bull Mastiff. Okay, enuff said.
.
On the scrapping front, I have done yet another page for my mother-in-law's album that I'm doing of her grandchildren for Mother's Day next year. Yes I know, but if I don't start now I'll never get it finished. This is youngest step-son getting squished and rather not impressed that I captured it on the camera! ha. He should know better with me.
.
.
Credits
Goodies from Tracy Ann Design’s Something Special – Something Blue.
Striped paper from Mermaid’s Haven, Amber Waves papers
Stacked vintage photo frames by Katie Pertiet
Flash cards – Vintage Flash card words 2 by Katie Pertiet (words altered)
Font – Susie’s Hand

4 comments:

Amandac said...

Poor molly, it is hard to be big boned when every one wants to call you fat LOL! Great LO Carol, your poor step-son looks so cute :)

Bells said...

Well I say full points for trying to get it all done on one day - sounds like it wasn't the greatest idea after all!

1/2 a kilo??? Not a lot is it!

Victoria said...

Squishy Hugs...the indignity! :) That is a really cute layout!

Aaron can sympathize with Bo. There is a health activity page for school that required a thermometer. We searched the house and came up with one. It was the one we were given when we brought him home from the hospital. Yes, it was the rectal kind. He refused to finish his health page until we get an oral thermometer.

Unkoof said...

Gorgeous picture of the squishy hug! Molly's definately not fat she is big boned. My labrador was 40 kilos. Well done for enduring the 45 minute ride.