Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm wrecked!

Oh my, I think as you get older it takes longer to get over big nights, right? We went to see The Borderers last night. And danced and danced and danced until we were exhausted. Don't let the thought of them being a Celtic band fool you, they are rocking fabulous! If you ever EVER get a chance to see them, do. You won't regret it. Your feet might, but you won't! ha

Now before I go any further, a big thank you to my dear friend Bells of Bellsknits. A surprise birthday gift made its way to me during the week and I squealed with joy and delight (and quite frankly despair that I will never master dpns!). Thank you thank you thank you, and you're not wrong, I do remember reading your post in that it was hard to photograph your own feet. This is the best I can do. Aren't they beautiful everyone.
Onto digi scrapping. Sharon has done it again with the most magnificent new kit called "missing you" available from pickleberrypop. (That gorgeous frame I've used for the socks is from the kit). Isn't the kit beautiful, go forth and buy I say!


Plus she has a complementary freebie on her blog right now which matches beautifully or can be used in its own right. Go visit Sharon now at Artistic Musings to grab the freebie, available for a limited time. I've used the freebie here with a couple of other items for the Designer Digital quote challenge. What a timely quote for me to use. I do so love this pic of us.


Credits
Missing You freebie by [ksharonkdesigns]
Doodle Stitches by Tracy Drane
Designer Digitals Quote Challenge by Mindy Terasawa.


Much to talk about this post. My beloved Cats won the semi-final and now through to the Grand Final next week. Oh please please please let them do it this time. They've been in the Grand Final a spattering of times over the years but lost, the last premiership was 1963. I have a story to tell about that, but I'll leave that for during the week.
.
Christeph asked what a musk stick was. haha It's a big pink lolly Christeph! That's what I looked like on Friday night at the "Girls Night In". Quite an enjoyable night that raised a fair few dollars for the Anti-Cancer Council.
.
Later all, I have a curry bubbling away on the stove, mmmmmm curry night tonight. Perfect.

8 comments:

Bells said...

oh they look like the fit you really well carol! Lovely!

Victoria said...

What a great pair of new socks! She is a talented gal.
Mom mom goes to anything and everything Celtic around Georgia and has a slew of cds with Celtic music, so I know what you mean.
What a lovely layout, too!

amy said...

Happy Birthday!

roxie said...

hot socks! Bells does nice work.

Amandac said...

Gorgeous socks Carol - you did a good job with the foot cam LOL. Beautiful LO with your Gran {hugs}. Hope the curry was good :)

catsmum said...

Bugger I didn't realise that The Borderers were over here again.
Grump
well nothing for it. I'm going to put The Gathering on full blast.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the tip about " The Borderers", being breton I love anything celtic!
You are a lucky girl to get so beautiful socks and your picture of them doesn´t look too bad either! Take care.

Christeph said...

And there was me convinced it was some kind of solid perfume in a lipstick format...ya live & learn eh?
But I'm sure you looked nothing like a big pink lolly silly!

I loved Sharon's Missing You freebie (well I love all her freebies!) and you've done a smashing job with it, what a lovely page!
Cheery!
Christeph